Greenway Tours Anyone?

GulfShoresCruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I also am considering booking with Greenway Tours. They offer a combo tour from Puerto Limon for $89 which includes the boat ride on the Canal for 90 minutes, a visit to the sloth sanctuary, a visit to a banana plantation, and a 90 minute visit to the beach at the National Park. This is quite a good deal compared to the ship's offerings. They have been very diligent about responding to my email inquiries immediately. I just would love to get some feedback from someone who has used them in the past!

A group of 39 people (family and friends) were on the Summit last Oct 08th and we request to the Concierge for a good company in Costa Rica for a private shore excursion. She recommend us Greenway Nature Tours and we book with them the Jungle crocodile safari, Carara national Park and some beach time at Jaco beach resort. What a wonderful time we had this day. This company provide to us a very deluxe bus, a great buffet lunch and 2 informative tour guides. They are very professional and have all the certifications. We highly recommend them.

I want to thank you so much for your review of Greenway Tours! I tried to get Oscar Brown for a tour as he comes so highly recommended on these Boards but he is already booked for the day we will be there. He did say he could send an associate of his but if we can't have Oscar I think we would rather book with Greenway. They responded very quickly to my emails and hearing what a great day you had and how professionally they handled everything makes me feel a lot more comfortable booking with them.

Ronzoco,

I saw your post regarding a possible excursion with Greenway Tours. I noted from your other posts that you are on the Summit, as are we, arriving in Puerto Limon on Nov. 19. I have tried to arrange a excursion with Oscar Brown since last May (via 4 emails & 1 tele. call) without ever getting a confirmation. Your post stated he was booked for this date. I am now exploring alternatives and contacted Greenway Tours. However we are a party of two and they require a minimum of 4 pax since they travel 3 hours from San Jose to conduct the tour. Are you still planning to use Greenway for thier "Limon Highlights Tour"? If so, maybe we could tag along.

Hello:

I read your post regarding this tour operator company and I would like to get more information about them. I will be in Puerto Limon on Nov 23th and I want a private or semi-private tour. How I can contact them. Do they have a web site where I can get more information about their shore trips and rates ??? An email address ???. If any of you have the contact person and details, I will appreciated the information. Larry.

Their website is: http://www.cruceros.co.cr/

My only word of warning about them is a few months ago someone associated with Greenway Tours posted like 6 or 7 self-promoting emails on this board. I hadn't heard of them before so I asked a couple questions on the RC forum to see if anyone had ever used them. I got no response, but upon checking back on this board, all of Greenway's posts had gotten removed and the poster was banned. I don't know what that means exactly. But, that is what happened.

Vossjemi:

Thank you very much for the information. I check their web site and it is very nice and informative. Regarding your warning, I call the Costa Rican Tourist Board and ask if they are certified by them and they said: Yes. Seems to me that they are a reputable company. I send an email requesting information and they replay to me immediately and gave me a toll free number in case I have specific questions. I will try and let you know...

As a follow up to my post above, I can highly recommend Greenway. Our guide was the company owner, Mario Leon. He was very knowledgeable, and allowed our family to customize the "private van and naturalist guide" tour. We visited the sloth sanctuary, a banana plantation and did some bird and monkey watching. We felt it was an excellent value, and enjoyed the individual attention of Mr. Leon and his assistant. We had a very enjoyable authentic Costa Rican lunch at the ocean's edge. When we expressed our fondness for a prepared sauce served at the restaurant, Mr. Leon made a stop at a corner grocery to buy several bottles for us...a nice touch. We still talk about our wonderful day with Greenway, and plan to return to Costa Rica next winter. Our hope is Mario Leon will be our guide! Hope this helps. Web page is www.greenwaytours.com

Adrienne White

After all was said and done we finally decided to book directly with Almonds and Corals as my husband decided he would really like to try zip-lining. So, I'm sorry, but we are not using Greenway Tours after all. Almonds and Corals is sending a van to Puerto Limon for us. Aurora, the owner sent me a lovely email and she mentioned that there are other tours offered on her property. Our ship actually has some tours that take people there, not for the zip-lining, but other tours. She said she was sending me some brochures explaining the tours offered and if you would like me to send you one when I receive them please send me an email (Ronzoco@aol.com) with your name and address. There are still seats available on the van she is sending so you could join us, even if you don't want to do zip-lining.

OK - maybe I shouldn't be so suspect - but did anyone else notice the similarity in sentence structure of many of the positive posters for Greenway on this thread and others & they all have exactly 2 posts???

I do not work for Greenway! I only have time to check the boards periodically, so I do not have a lot of posts. I only post if I have something constructive to contribute...that would include my positive experience with Greenway and an equally enjoyable domed rail tour of the Panama Canal. Hope that will suffice as an explanation.

My cruising credentials...

Wind Surf, Western Med, 4/04

Horizon, Exotic Carib, 12/03

Noordam, Western Med, 5/03

Grand Princess, Western Carib, 11/01

Veendam, Southern Carib, 12/00

Spirit of '98, Sea of Cortes, 03/00

Wind Spirit, Eastern Med, 7/99

Nieuw Amsterdam, Alaska, 5/98

I had just "searched" Greenway - so, it was not just this thread but a couple of them, read one after another. I am glad you enjoyed your excursion with Greenway & I have not excluded them from consideration.

Archived