Going to Santo Tomas? Be careful.

MrsLeo

I emailed him and asked if the Belgians had been staying at his hotel since his wife is Belgian and they advertise in Belgium. They were not. Here's his reply:

Yes, this is very bad news for us. Actually this event happened in the Rio Dulce. This happened last Friday morning around 10:30.

The Belgians are in good health after being freed, the big one responsible for all this happening is the Government, because they never attend the demands of the peasants.

The damage is done. The 4 tourist didn't stay with us. They were travelling from Livingston to Fronteras Rio Dulce, but of course Belgian TV called us very late Friday Night and yesterday when they were freed, so I talked on the news in Belgium.

One lady was contacting me for a trip next week but I decided to be honest with her and explain the situation because I didn't want to take any risks doing trips in the river right now.

So, I am not doing any trips the next few weeks, but tourist are still coming and travelling in the river but of course with no stops.

Take care,

Javier

P.S. from Flashdog: Gus' hotel is next door to javier's, so better check with him to see if he, like Javier, is making any changes to his tours in the next couple of weeks.

Flashdog, Thanks so much for taking time to email Javier. I really enjoyed our time with him last year and have always felt strongly he was trustworthy and full of kindness and compassion. I so appreciate his candor. I posted your information on our roll call, thanks for emailing Javier, you beat me to it.

Archived