slow to wake up...gotta have lots of coffee

LADYBUG34113

just order for say two or three...ask for the number of 'cups' of coffee you need to get going, just expect excess coffee cups. We just write a note on the door card that says something like - this is multiple cups for one person - to eliviate the extra cups.

Odd. I usually travel solo, and just order "coffee, no sugar, no cream" and croissants when I first wake up....and I've always rec'd a carafe of coffee. (plus sugar/cream):rolleyes:

Hmm, I usually order for 2, and recieve two cups and a carafe.

Hmm, I usually order for 2, and recieve two cups and a carafe.

They putting the silver bullet in carafes now?:confused:

I always call room service in the morning and ask for 2 pots of coffee. and they deliver 2 carafes.....

And that is just for you!:p

Morning, coffee peeps! :D

They putting the silver bullet in carafes now?:confused:

LMAO, not till after breakfast.

I'm thinkin it was.

Mornin to you too.

I thought the consensus was that the coffee was bad....

Or is the room service coffee better?

I wouldn't call it bad, I've certainly had worse. But I would also not call it good. I just gotta have a cup or 2.

I thought the consensus was that the coffee was bad....

Or is the room service coffee better?

For the most part.....yep:o

Mornin to you!

Coffee is better thru room service IMO.....

Thanks for all of the great answers. I knew everyone would know. I get up early, dh sleeps late. Doesn't matter if coffee is just ok. Coffeeholics need their coffee. My DH needs his Coke Cola.

Marla, where is the Valor sailing to while you're on it? We got some great coffee at different ports last year. The coffee we got in Panama and Costa Rica was the best. Got some Jamaican while in Nassau once too, pretty good stuff. I think so far that coffee from Ethiopia has been my favorite. But a friend just brought some from Sumatra, so who knows.

Marla, where is the Valor sailing to while you're on it? We got some great coffee at different ports last year. The coffee we got in Panama and Costa Rica was the best. Got some Jamaican while in Nassau once too, pretty good stuff. I think so far that coffee from Ethiopia has been my favorite. But a friend just brought some from Sumatra, so who knows.

We are on the Valor, eastern Caribbean; Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

I thought that was one of Carnival's forbidden items. I am surprised they didn't take it, or that it didn't break.

I have taken my 5 cup coffee maker on my cruises and never had a problem. I didn't know it was forbidden:confused: Is it?

The Duck's correct. A coffeemaker isn't a no-no.

About the taste ... I enjoy the room service coffee; however, it's never strong enough for me. BUT, it's coffee, and it's always been delivered within 5-10 min., never longer than that. I'd never take a coffeemaker, but to each her own.

The best coffee on board is in the dining room, and I also love having complimentary espresso and cappuccino w/all three meals each day there.:)

We are on the Valor, eastern Caribbean; Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

Nassau is where we got the Jamaican coffee. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think it was blue mountain coffee. I didn't shop at all in St Thomas, DW did, so I couldn't tell you there. In Nassau, we got the coffee at the rum cake place, Tortuga I think. Hope this helps.

Not an iron, not a heating pad, not a candle so no.

Howdy Duck. Need a heating pad about now? LOL

Archived