My Legend Vacation 3/9/08 - 3/16/08

Is the South Pier the International Pier? Thanks
There are 3 piers. The north is Punta Langosta Pier, the middle is the international pier, and the south pier is the Puerta Maya pier. I think I got them mixed up. The Legend docked at the Punta Langosta Pier this time. The RCCL FotS docked at at Puerta Maya last July. That was the one I liked. It had more flea market type shopping and was closer to Chankanaab and the beaches.

Wasn't Youseff fabulous!!!

YES:eek: ...I forgot all about that woman in the piano bar. I guess I tried to block her out of my mind like labor pain...man she sucked!!!

I liked the CD, my DH didn't.

I also loved Roatan. I think Roatan and St Lucia are the most beautiful places I've ever been....and Coz is the most fun. :D

Must try a Conquest Class ship...everyone seems to love them.

Halos:

Overall our cruise was great. A few things were not up to par with our

others, nothing major. On Roatan we did the Sea Spi excursion which was wonderful! We got to drive flat jet skis with glass windows on the bottoms to see the fish and coral. It was loads of fun. The people are VERY friendly and I cant wait to go back.. Thats a massive mall they are building at the pier.

It is understandable for the senior citizens to have it removed, but the young people are capable, and lazy. We overpacked too. Matter of fact, we had to buy another suitcase to bring back the goodies we bought while ashore.

Actually, there was a very large contingent on board of non-US citizens who were not allowed to self-assist so maybe you should keep your asinine opinions to yourself.

Actually, there was a very large contingent on board of non-US citizens who were not allowed to self-assist so maybe you should keep your asinine opinions to yourself.

I seem to have overlooked that remark by the OP:rolleyes: ...guess I'm one of the lazy ones then. Fine by me, I was in no hurry to get off the ship lugging my half of the 8 various sized pieces of luggage anyway.

Hell, next time I sail from Tampa, I'm having the stuff sent right to the airport....now that must seem REAL lazy.

Been on 10 Carnival cruises now and 11th scheduled next month. Have never self-assisted and never will. Why - lazy has nothing to do with it. I just flat don't want to hassle with all the those who think it is ok to fill the stairwells and hallways with all their luggage, mom, dad, grandma and grandpa, cousin Millie and 2.5 kids who are not happy they are stuck in a crowd and not moving, those who can not control their luggage and end up dropping it on half a dozen people, dragging it across peoples toes and any other number of unfun things. Have seen this and far worse at debarkation - no thanks. Why on God's green earth would one want to fight that just to get off the boat earlier than someone else. Now if you have scheduled yourself short on a flt time - understand a bit - but other than that why???? My vacation is not over yet and I really don't want to leave the ship in a bad mood after having spent a fun filled 7 days of near bliss.

Been on 10 Carnival cruises now and 11th scheduled next month.

I want your life.

I just flat don't want to hassle with all the those who think it is ok to fill the stairwells and hallways with all their luggage, mom, dad, grandma and grandpa, cousin Millie and 2.5 kids...

Hahahahahahaha!!!:p

Self assist was a piece of cake. I tugged 4 suitcases, a backpack, a rolling dufflebag, and a 18" flight case from my room to the taxi in less than 20 minutes. I didn't roll over any toes on my way. I should have been more specific in my comments, because I was generalizing the fact that I saw a LOT of college kids who didn't take advantage of the self assist. It only slows down the lazy people by waiting even longer. LOL

To those of you who are pissed off by my comments, chill out. I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are, whether you like my opinions or not.

Some folks need to stay a LONG time in the islands and learn the phrase

"No Problem Mon"

It'd do everyone some good.

Self assist was a piece of cake. I tugged 4 suitcases, a backpack, a rolling dufflebag, and a 18" flight case from my room to the taxi in less than 20 minutes. I didn't roll over any toes on my way. I should have been more specific in my comments, because I was generalizing the fact that I saw a LOT of college kids who didn't take advantage of the self assist. It only slows down the lazy people by waiting even longer. LOL

To those of you who are pissed off by my comments, chill out. I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are, whether you like my opinions or not.

"No Problem Mon"

If people are pissed by your comment, they're just looking for something to be pissed about. I like the way you 'say it as you see it'. I see nothing wrong with that.

"No Problem Mon"

360 Did you use one of those rolling luggage carts that they deliver

your luggage on:p ? Can't picture one person lugging all the bags you had.

FTW-When we got to Roatan, they NEVER announced the ship was cleared and you could depart the gangway. I just happened to be up on the top deck looking over and saw some stragglers getting off the ship at 8 am. I ran back to the room and gathered the wife and kid and we got down there as fast as we could. They had the gate on the pier closed, but we fell in with an early tour and walked right through. We negotiated a taxi with a guy named Manuel, and he told us $40 US round trip for all 3 of us. We hopped in and were at West Bay in about 15 minutes, because there wasn't anyone else off the ship yet. He took us to Bananarama and dropped us off, and asked when we wanted him to meet us back there. Roatan is 2 hours behind ship time, so we told him about 1 hour before we were to be back on-board. He was there early waiting on us. We got a frozen drink from Bananarama bar, loaded up and was back at the pier in about 25 minutes in time to hit the pier vendors. As I stated before, you don't pay the taxi drivers until you get back to the pier. That way you are guaranteed to get a lift back, because they really want the money. $40 US is worth 600 limpieras (a LOT to them)

I thought that Roatan was a tender port? Am I reading your post correctly, that they now have a pier??

Thanks

Mark

Funny how people on the same cruise see things differently. We where on this cruise we well.

We loved the Piano Bar on Miracle and I think his name was Mike was awesome. However, everytime we went to the piano bar on legend it was either closed or no one was singing the piano player was just chatting so we would move on to Kareokee.....seeing the same 4 or 5 people singing each night.....NO COMMENT being made on their singing ability cause I would never have the courage to get up and sing so hats off to them. However, there where a few who where amazing.

I wish we could do the self assist disembark....however, being Canadian for some reason we aren't allowed, which I have asked on both my cruises out of Tampa and no one has been able to answer my question, however on Disney out of Port Canaveral and Celebration out of Jacksonville we where allowed??? Not sure if it is a Tampa thing or just the ports we went to?????

I personally am not a fan of SHOWTIME, I think the wait staff have more then enough to do and shouldn't have to "entertain" us. Just let me eat my chocolate Melting cake and go back to the room to get my comfy clothes back on.....:p

I agree about Tabayana Beach ...I may have spelt that wrong. Anyways we paid $36 PP on the ship for this excursion and the beach was awesome and the fish.....WOW....my DH is still talking about the fish.....

Roatan was a docked port....I was surprised by this.....

360 we where also on the ship by 11:30.....maybe we chatted.....group 1

All in All I loved the cruise, not thrilled with the "dark" decor of the ship but loved the weather and the calm seas

Kim

I thought that Roatan was a tender port? Am I reading your post correctly, that they now have a pier??

Thanks

Mark

Roatan has a pier. It is small and only takes a few steps to get to the main road. By far the easiest pier on that cruise to get on and and off the ship!

The food was total buffet style, and I didn't care for it. It seemed poorly prepared. I spent most lunches at the cheeseburger stand. Breakfast was ok if you didn't eat the scrambled "eggs". I'm not sure what they really are, but they show up on about every buffet you visit anywhere. Sloppy yellow stuff, really. .

Did you try the dining room for breakfast or lunch?

One exception was our Croatian drink server. I didn't get along with her, as she was a rude smart-ass, and I would have soon tripped her up as she walked past. She made a snide remark about the fact that we never ordered any alcoholic beverages at dinner. I simply ordered a Coke every night. One night, she simply skipped our table and I didn't get a Coke. I tracked her down and thanked her for the visit, and she sarcastically apologized. I told her to not bother coming back. The next night she stopped by and smarted something else off, but I brought my own Coke and told her to get lost..

All I can say is WOW.. not something worth getting worked up over. Is there a reason you felt the need to point out that she was Croatian?

Ship Activities: The pools are extremely crowded. There are signs placed around that say not to leave a chair with a towel to hold your chair for an extended perioud of time, but they DO NOT enforce it. I created my own rule. I sat patiently for 15-20 minutes watching chairs and if no one claimed one after that amount of time, I kindly removed their towel and it became mine. A chair is no good without a butt in it. .

I don't think 15 minutes is an extended time. Some one could be in the pool or in the bathroom. I thought the rule of thumb was 30 minutes.

Our cruise director was extremely annoying. I cringed every time she opened her mouth. She sounded like Tanya Tucker with an English accent..

Was she annoying or was the sound of her voice annoying to YOUR ears?

Debarkation was a piece of cake. We carried our own luggage off, so we walked from our room, past all of the people who were too lazy to carry their own, right through the door, and down the gangway. .

wow, pretty judgemental there. We don't self embark since we like to extend our vacation to the very last minute. We are generally among the last folks off the ship has nothing to do with lazy.

We enjoyed our trip. .

I am glad you had an enjoyable vacation. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Also, this was my 2nd Carnival cruise, and the first one after sailing with Royal Caribbean. I have to say that I like the RCCL ships better, the food was better, and the onboard activities are FAR superior. The staff was much friendlier on Carnival though..

Our first cruise was on RCCL. We found the onboard activities to be FAR superior on Carnival which is why we have cruised Carnival for our last three cruises. We actually cruise for the ship experience rather than the port experience.

360 Did you use one of those rolling luggage carts that they deliver

your luggage on:p ? Can't picture one person lugging all the bags you had.

No, my wife carried one, and my 9 year old carried another. I carried the rest. It was no problem.

Did you try the dining room for breakfast or lunch?

All I can say is WOW.. not something worth getting worked up over. Is there a reason you felt the need to point out that she was Croatian?

I don't think 15 minutes is an extended time. Some one could be in the pool or in the bathroom. I thought the rule of thumb was 30 minutes.

Was she annoying or was the sound of her voice annoying to YOUR ears?

wow, pretty judgemental there. We don't self embark since we like to extend our vacation to the very last minute. We are generally among the last folks off the ship has nothing to do with lazy.

I am glad you had an enjoyable vacation. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Our first cruise was on RCCL. We found the onboard activities to be FAR superior on Carnival which is why we have cruised Carnival for our last three cruises. We actually cruise for the ship experience rather than the port experience.

Yes.

Not worked up, but it shouldn't have been that way. Croats are known for their attitudes. Like many Americans, they think their crap doesn't stink.

15 minute initial watch, then 15 minute gratuity wait, then it was mine. That equals 30 minutes.

Both

People who extend their vacation are the reason the anxious folks can't get into their rooms early. You had a week. Give it up and let the next folks in.

Thank you, and you're welcome.

I only called it like I saw it. I just sailed on the Freedom of the Seas and that ship was awesome.

I can't wait to sail on one of the new Genesis ships.

Archived