Mini suite on the pool deck of the Sun

petalpalz

Hubby and I have booked room 1208. I know it is a room on the pool deck. Has anyone had any experience with that room or even that area of the ship?

I see the restaurants are pretty handy, but I'm wondering about noise and traffic. It appears the room is near the front of the ship. We are sailing on the Western Caribbean curse in April. (Belize, Cozumel, Roatan, Great Stirrup) in April.

Can a person put two lounge chairs on the balcony? It is a mini suite.

Are any of the 2.0 upgrades available on the SUN yet?

We had one of those minis (along with the OS) over Christmas. The only traffic is the passengers in that area. The Spa and gym entrances are a bit down the hallway, so very little traffic filters past that. The balcony had 2 regular chairs; I am not sure if even one lounger would fit on it - it was pretty shallow for that. The cabin itself is set up wonderfully. The bathroom setup was great - it's larger than the one in the ACs on the Jewel and Pearl. Enjoy!

Robin

We had mini 1201 straight foward so our balcony was a bit larger...we had 2 chairs and 2 loungers....loved the room

Nose nothing that I would even bring up...you can hear the bass from the band above but again it never kept us up.

Thanks for the info. We cruised once before on the SUN (to Alaska) and had a mini suite in the aft section and had room for 2 lounge chairs. Can't wait. I'm sure we'll love the room. I'm glad to hear the traffic is minimal. That was my major concern.

Its a nice large room with more than enough closet space. A very large bathroom with seperate vanity and desk. But the 1st night the room really rocked. The costant pounding of the water against the ship along with the up and down rocking of the ship kept My wife and Daughter awake the entire night. We have spent over 120 night's at sea on our 15 cruises and this rocked the most. We usually get a room in the mid ship , but tried this suite on the front . After the 1st night it was ok.

Halliewd,

thanks for the info on AE mini-suite 1201, I'll be there in just a few more days!:)

Any other info you can provide on the stateroom -- size, storage? Was the balcony sunny most of the sea days if we want to get away to tan and relax, or was it too windy to do any reading there.

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mizbear

Archived