Coral Sands Beach Resort

Rasta Pirate

I've seen the new information posted about the Coral Sands Beach Resort, and it looks GORGEOUS!! I'd love to see it while I'm in Belize. But here's my delema . . .

My excursion to the jungle is due back to the cruise terminal at 2:15-2:30. (ships time).

I understand that it's only a 10 minute boat ride over to Coral sands, but I'm wondering if there will be enough time to go over , spend just a "few" minutes there, and get back without having to worry about missing the ship.

Any suggestions?

RP

we are in port until 6 ship time. Our dives at the Turneffe Atoll is over around 2 also. I am going to Coral Sands Resort even if its for a hour. I just want to see it and take pictures. 10 (bet on 15) minute water taxi there-and back. No problem!

Thanks Crokett.

I am scheduled to sail at 4:40pm, but like you . . . I would just like to go over to Coral Sands long enough to see it, and take a picture or two. (30 minutes would be good:-)

What do you think?

Do you happen to know where to catch these "water taxis"?

there is no water taxi that takes you directly to the resort from the cruise ships.. I thought some one else posted that they did have one from the ship --but oh well. I am just going with the flow.. My friends and I have a cruiseship dive excursion planned so that takes up 5 hours.. I was told on the other forum about Coral Sands that you have to take the tender into Belize City and then get the water taxi- but Port-a-Princess (on the other forum)also said you have to call ahead of time to reserve a taxi.. so I dont really know about this.. I am going on the Explorer on Oct10 - I will try to see whats going on about getting over there.. I sure would like to see it..Jane

Can anyone go to the Coral Sands Beach Resort and pay for a day on the beach? We just want a relaxing beach day in Belize and have been looking for a place. (See my posting from yesterday)

YUP, U CAN GO JUST FOR THE DAY AT THE BEACH AND RELAX ----THAT IS ONE OF THEIR PACKAGES THEY OFFERED WHEN I SAW THEIR LIST. YOU JUST BOOK WITH THEM AND THEY WILL PICK U UP FROM THE PIER AT BELIZE CITY WHEN U ARRIVE.

HOPE THAT HELPS,

PORT-A-PRINCESS

there is no water taxi that takes you directly to the resort from the cruise ships.. I thought some one else posted that they did have one from the ship --but oh well. I am just going with the flow.. My friends and I have a cruiseship dive excursion planned so that takes up 5 hours.. I was told on the other forum about Coral Sands that you have to take the tender into Belize City and then get the water taxi- but Port-a-Princess (on the other forum)also said you have to call ahead of time to reserve a taxi.. so I dont really know about this.. I am going on the Explorer on Oct10 - I will try to see whats going on about getting over there.. I sure would like to see it..Jane

HEY JANE,

ITS NOT A HASSLE TO RESERVE AHEAD OF TIME WITH THEM AS I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE. YOU JUST SEND AN EMAIL WITH WHEN U'RE ARRIVING AND UR NAME AND THATS IT. U DON'T HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE OR ANYTHING.

I THOUGHT THE PLACE WAS WORTH IT......BESIDES, WHEN I WAS DOING MY RESEARCH, YOU PRETTY MUCH HAVE TO GO INTO BELIZE CITY BEFORE GOING ON MANY TOURS. AND BELIZE CITY HAS NOOO BEACH. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I WOULDN'T WANT TO COME TO THE CARIBBEAN AND NOT SEE A BEACH.

IN ANY CASE, HOPE THAT SHEDS SOME LIGHT ON HOW WORTH IT THE PLACE IS. I TALK FROM EXPERIENCE.

PORT-A-PRINCESS

Is there a good website for them??? :cool:

Hey there Wendya and everyone else,

Finally their website is up: http://www.coralsandsbelize.com

I just checked it.....they have some pretty good pictures up---that should give everyone an idea of how the place looks.....it brought back memories!!! :D

Port-a-princess

Wow this place looks great! As far as tendering goes, my guess s that since they are stll new they are probably still in the process of trying to negotiate drect pick up with the cruse lines. I hope I thappens, I would love to be able to tender straght to the beach!

NCL has a ship-sponsored excursion to Coral Sands listed in their 2004-2005 Western Caribbean shore excursion booklet -- but it doesn't mention if the pick up is in Belize City or directly at the ship. I would imagine it would be direct, as it sounds like Coral Sands is closer to where the ships are anchored than the actual dock on the mainland!

We're considering this option -- actually skimmed past it in the excursion booklet, until it "surfaced" here on the CC boards! It sure looks great...

Since we will be there on Oct.12 hopefully they will get back to me soon. I asked if there IS pickup from the Explorer of the Seas/ Can we just go and visit the beach without having to book a tour through them. Inquiring minds want to know! I told them I have a previous dive excursion that won't get back until after 2- I wanted to know if the trip to Coral Sands will be worth it. Dive excursions could run late- so I dont have a set time when we will get back to the ship. so we'll see what they say- I'll let you know. Jane

I emailed CSBR for some information regarding transportation to the resort. I received a reply from Fred from "Imagine tours". I asked him if he could pick me up at the Belize "Tourism Village" (where the tenders dock) around 2:00-2:30pm when I get back from my excursion. Here is his reply:

If you tell me your timetable I will take you there. It will take approx. 15

minutes.

Belize does not have a terminal, the transport you from the cruise ship to

the mainland. I think its the "Tourist Village. From there I would meet you

and take you to Water Caye.

Fred

Imagine Tours Ltd.

Belize, C.A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd correspondence:

Sorry missed your reply earlier.

>We will be able to do that for you. We will meet you at the Tourist

>Village

>on your return, take you aboard the 'Imagine' for a quick stop at the

>resort, and back to the Village or your ship. Please find out if we can

>take you directly to the ship, or do you have to be brought aboard via your

>designated tender.

>

>Later I will forward a cell phone number to let us know you have arrived,

>and set up actual schedules for you. Are you travelling alone, if not how

>many in your group?

>

>Please keep in touch

>

>Fred.

I am a little confused with the rates:

Tendering of Guests to and from the cruise ship to Coral Sands Beach Resort

Full lunch buffet with chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, rice, beans, salad, and fruit

One complementary tropical soft drink

Price per passenger: US $47 (Adult)

US $27 (Children 12+)

*FREE (Children under 12)

Group Rate (25 person min)

Full day at the beach: With Lunch Without Lunch

US $38 (Adult) US $33 (Adult)

US $23 (Children over 12) US $18 (children over 12)

Day at the beach AM/PM:

With Lunch Without Lunch

US $20 (Adult) US $17 (Adult)

US $12 (Children over 12) US$11 (Children over 12)

Does this mean you pay 47.00 and then an activity fee of 38.00 for the day with lunch???

It sounds like a great place...

thanx

I am a little confused with the rates:

Tendering of Guests to and from the cruise ship to Coral Sands Beach Resort

Full lunch buffet with chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, rice, beans, salad, and fruit

One complementary tropical soft drink

Price per passenger: US $47 (Adult)

US $27 (Children 12+)

*FREE (Children under 12)

Group Rate (25 person min)

Full day at the beach: With Lunch Without Lunch

US $38 (Adult) US $33 (Adult)

US $23 (Children over 12) US $18 (children over 12)

Day at the beach AM/PM:

With Lunch Without Lunch

US $20 (Adult) US $17 (Adult)

US $12 (Children over 12) US$11 (Children over 12)

Does this mean you pay 47.00 and then an activity fee of 38.00 for the day with lunch???

It sounds like a great place...

thanx

HEY THERE,

THE $47 YOU PAY IF YOU ARE A GROUP OF LESS THAN 25.............IF YOU HAVE A GROUP WITH YOU OF 25 OR MORE THEN YOU GET THE ADVANTAGE OF PAYING $38.

HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

Archived