Is the Baths something we could do with our 15 month old?

amcess721

Trying to find some fun things to do that just don't involve sitting on a beach all day at every port...

Wondering if this is doable with a toddler if we bring a back carrier with us??? There will be 2 adults going, possibly 4 adults...

Trying to find some fun things to do that just don't involve sitting on a beach all day at every port...

Wondering if this is doable with a toddler if we bring a back carrier with us??? There will be 2 adults going, possibly 4 adults...

Only would work if you were willing to tag team the swimming in the rock formations. I would not take an infant into the rock formations for safety reasons. Also make sure that you take some sun protection for the baby. The sun could be brutal.

There are sections that I think would be a challenge to go through with the back carrier. The path down is not a problem but I think you would be best going through the boulders separately.

I would not recommend it. We were debating whether to have our 73 year old parents come with us. That day my dad wasn't feeling well ing the morning (after too much lobster bisque the night before). We went without them and decided it would not have been good if they were there.

There are places where you have to use a rope to climb up slippy rocks ladders to get up steep rocks. While it may be do-able why would you risk your childs well being?

We did see some younger children about 4 years old who were trying to get through. It was testy for them in spots but they were being guided by parents without bags or backpacks.

With a babycarrier on your back there are places where you can't crawl through.

If you really want to go you could both get to the first beach and then take turns going seperatly through the paths. It takes about 45 minutes round trip depending on how many people are also doing it and how long you have to wait for a long line of people to come through the 'tunnels'

there is only enough room for a line of single peopleto go in one direction.

Also, the taxi from Speedy's never came back to pick us up so we had to beg a ride from a taxi driver and sat in the back of an open pick up as he drove like crazy to get up back to the ferry on time. I held on white knuckled as he swerved and passed on the narrowest of roads. we made it back, but trying to hold onto a baby would have been extremely hairy, but then again maybe he wouldn't have driven so fast if we had a baby.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep in mind that it's about a 45 min ferry ride from Tortola to VG. Then a bus ride to a top of a hill; then a 5-10 min walk to The Baths.

Then, once you're there - read above about trying to walk thru the rock formations.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Archived