Zipline Questions

luv2cruise450

Hi...I've read a lot of the zipline questions and answers posted here (I went back as far as postings from Oct. '06) and I want to thank everyone for all the information provided about excursions and things to do on the Mexican Riviera ports. We will be sailing the Mexican Riviera the end of April on HAL's Ryndam and finishing up in Vancouver. But I have not seen these particular questions addressed about ziplining and would appreciate any info.

When you go ziplining in PV...lets say with Los Veranos...can you bring a camera (digital) along with you? I'm thinking that if I go ahead of my DH...will I be allowed to stay on the platform a few moments to get a pix of him ziplining? Or do you have to move off the platform ASAP for your next 'segment'? Also it sounds like the guides who assist you on the platforms do a great job...is there a tip box or something similar at the end for us to leave a gratuity and if so is that shared among all the guides? It would seem kind of hard to tip each one along the way. And the harnesses that you are hooked into...does it allow you to 'sit' or is it more like you will be soaring 'prone'? For example when we parasailed...the harness allowed us to be in more of a 'sitting'/upright position and we were able to take a couple of quick pix.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Happy sailings!

I will try to answer a few of your questions and if I forget any I will add another post.

Tips, yes, at the end there is a big box for the tips, which they so deserve.

We used Los Veranos and it was so professional and yet so much fun.

We took our digital camera, had it hung as a fanny pack. I had a waterproof money carrier around my neck and they told me it was safer to tuck it into my shirt so it wouldn't swing up and hit me. We took pictures but not on the platform as, first it is small and they get you off quickly to make room for the next person to land and second they hustle you right on to your next platform.

Now, they do take pictures and they take a video that it really nice. One of the photographers will go down the zip when you go only they will be backward facing you and they can film you going down. We got some good footage on the video of myself coming down, not so much my husband.

There are a few areas when you are climbing or waiting that there is toom for a picture but really, they move you along pretty quickly.

The harness is a sit in type of getup that you feel very comfortable in.

You sit down, lean back pull up your knees and off you go, wow! At one point you are 500' above the river, it is such a blast.

I hope this helps. You will love it, we sure did:D Kris

I will try to answer a few of your questions and if I forget any I will add another post.

Tips, yes, at the end there is a big box for the tips, which they so deserve.

We used Los Veranos and it was so professional and yet so much fun.

We took our digital camera, had it hung as a fanny pack. I had a waterproof money carrier around my neck and they told me it was safer to tuck it into my shirt so it wouldn't swing up and hit me. We took pictures but not on the platform as, first it is small and they get you off quickly to make room for the next person to land and second they hustle you right on to your next platform.

Now, they do take pictures and they take a video that it really nice. One of the photographers will go down the zip when you go only they will be backward facing you and they can film you going down. We got some good footage on the video of myself coming down, not so much my husband.

There are a few areas when you are climbing or waiting that there is toom for a picture but really, they move you along pretty quickly.

The harness is a sit in type of getup that you feel very comfortable in.

You sit down, lean back pull up your knees and off you go, wow! At one point you are 500' above the river, it is such a blast.

I hope this helps. You will love it, we sure did:D Kris

Hey Cozzette2, some good info, thanks! We'll be doing the Los Veranos canopy tour in April. We're so looking forward to it!

Really, it was a highlight:D I thought the heights would bother me but after a couple of runs I actually got brave enough to look around and enjoy the location.

My advice, give yourself enough time if you can to swim and eat lunch.

We did the 12:00 time and it was 4:00 by the time we had eaten lunch and we really wanted to swim but we didn't want to miss the bus.

You can take any bus back, they run about every 40 minutes. Next time we will go an hour earlier so we can enjoy the great river and do some swimming.

Have fun:D I know we sure did, Kris

Really, it was a highlight:D I thought the heights would bother me but after a couple of runs I actually got brave enough to look around and enjoy the location.

My advice, give yourself enough time if you can to swim and eat lunch.

We did the 12:00 time and it was 4:00 by the time we had eaten lunch and we really wanted to swim but we didn't want to miss the bus.

You can take any bus back, they run about every 40 minutes. Next time we will go an hour earlier so we can enjoy the great river and do some swimming.

Have fun:D I know we sure did, Kris

Cool, yeah that's the plan. We booked the 11:00am time for the same reasons. It's gonna rock!!! \m/

Kris...thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions!! It is very much appreciated! So I will now add a 'fanny' pack to my packing list for the camera. And I guess I will pack a pair of sneakers too since I don't normally do so for a warm weather type destination. This really sounds like a very unique excursion.

Did people just wear their bathing suits under their clothes or are there facilities for changing and such? Should we bring towels too? We will be in PV from 8 AM to 10 PM per itinerary so we will also have some time to wander around town and the malecon.

Thanks...

Betty

We brought towels and suits under clothes. They have lockers to use so if you bring too much junk [ like I always do ] you can store it.

Good thinking on the tennis shoes, it was pretty dusty when we went and got a bit grungy.

We walked the Malecon after our zip and it was so great. They have beautiful sand sculptures to admire and some decent shopping.

We ate where we zipped and it was great! What a location. You really are in paradise at that location. Have fun, wish I was going again , but soon, I hope:D Kris

I kept my glasses on but I used Croakies [ the rubber things that hook onto the stem of your glasses so they don't fly off ]

There were a lot of nervious people, myself included and one woman was so freaked that one of the attendents went down with her until she braved up. She was the smart one, wait until you see the cuties that help you out:D I was only nervious the first couple of platforms and then it just got to be so much fun to see the scenery below that you kind of get over it. I am terribly bothered by heights but the thrill wins out pretty quickly.

You will be glad you went, it is so much fun, Kris

It was a blast!

I wore those string things on my glasses but the helmet straps pretty much secure them anyway!

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't regret it! Oh...and do the double ride with the guide if offered! More fun!

We didn't get no stinking helmets:rolleyes: We were on Los Veranos and no helmets and now when I see promos for zipline tours everyone is in helmets, must just depend on the company.

I saw a cool promo for The Original Zipline in Puntarenas and they can go down forward on their bellies. Now that looks scary!!!! I also see that they have a huge swing that probably drops 30 feet and swings back and forth. We are thinking of that excursion when we do the Panama Canal. Will I be brave enough to do anything but upright and down, hum, doubt it, but you never know;)

Have fun zipping!! Kris

We did the Los Veronas in Feb 06, it was incredible. Got my family talked into doing it in Belize in Oct. I wasn't really nervous, but somehow I ended up being first, so with a long line of people behind me, I didn't have time to get scared, just did it. :D My friend with me was terrified of hieghts, (couldn't get her to go up the space needle in Seattle) but she did it and loved it too. Even she is doing it in Belize.

And we did take pictures of each other from the platforms. Just had to move quick LOL

By the way, left my shoes there, let me know if you find them! haha:rolleyes:

Have a great time.

Archived