The GEM WOW

cruise2much

Just off the Gem. Luvwater and I were recently on the gem and found it to be a beautiful ship… the pictures we seen before our cruise had me thinking I would have a constant head ach from the bright colors but the design was flawless. When they designed the gem they had comport & relaxation in mind. All around the pool areas as well as the common areas throughout the ship were bed loungers and some of the funkiest chairs I have ever seen. I think I sat in a flower for the not so newly wed show? I had to laugh at all the people completely passed out in the loungers around the pool areas. After 15 cruises this was the first time we splurged for the suite and it was worth every cent. A completely different cruising experience, my wife said she felt guilty with the priority embarkation and debarkation but “not me” I said we paid our dues we stood in line with 2000 other people to get aboard and struggled to get off the ship with the mad house of people armed with their arsenal of luggage. The stress free environment that the suite amenities offer makes them worth every dime so if you can manage the price I would highly recommend it. Putu our butler was exceptional and actually was offended if we did not ask him for something. He truly wanted to please us in every way, when we got home I was sitting at the table for an hour before I realized Putu would not be serving our dinner, “just kidding lol J but I do miss him. There were little faults with the balconies on 9 & 10 aft as previously mentioned in other posts as I told our concierge Lisa; it’s a little hard to call them romance suites when you walk out on your balcony only to look up into the eyes of 30 voyeurs. She said they were taking suggestions to have the problem resolved the next time the ship was in dry dock so I do expect sometime in the future the aft balconies will have some sort of cover. And one last note to debunk the roomers of the missing trays at the buffet. According to the ships restaurant manager the trays were removed for safety reasons, in the past there were too many culinary collisions, people with over laden trays were colliding with one another and in some cases resulted in physical altercations. But for those of you whose eyes are often bigger than your appetite fear not, they have assistance stationed around the buffet to assist you if you need help transporting your mountain of food. Also they have the option of reserving a table before you go up to the buffet so you can relieve your self of bags or belonging freeing up you hands for foraging. This I would have to rate my best cruise ever, can’t wait until next year to be back on her, we have to limit ourselves to one cruise a year now once you go suite its hard to go back. J

Archived