Coral E736, has anyone stayed here?

Cozzette2

I have been thinking of a mini for the Panama Canal but have heard so much about the aft cabins that I am looking at E736. It appears to be a balcony room, not a mini. It is covered and the last cabin on the Port side. Any comments on this particular cabin?

If you get a balcony cabin and not a mini suite with a balcony, is the balcony larger?

I hope someone has had this cabin and can help me decide, thank you, Kris

We booked on the Coral for a Panama Canal cruise (10/2) and Princess offered us E 736 and the one above on Dolphin when we requested mini suites. We ended up taking the Dolphin minis because the couple traveling w/ us wanted uncovered:eek: and we wanted covered. The very last one on Dolphin is uncovered. We like being at the back, it is quieter at night, walk off all the food and there is the back deck right there for viewing purposes. I am sure you will be happy w/ your choice.

Just got back Sunday 3/16 from the Panama Canal cruise on the Coral and loved it. We were in 734 - Baha deck which is just a few floors above the cabin you are considering. It is the last cabin before the aft deck similar to E-736. We loved the location but is is quite a walk from the aft to the bow of the ship for meals, etc. Also there was a bit more vibration noted at the back of the ship. It wasn't too bad on the Baha level but I suppose it gets stronger the lower you get towards the engines. Also the port side of the ship was VERY sunny going through the Panama canal locks in the morning as the ship is headed South and our balcony faced east. Actually we didn't stay on our balcony because of the sun and retreated to the aft deck which was right next to our room where there was some shade. We did not have a covered balcony although the room next to ours did. Hope this helps. e-mail me if you have any other questions.

Barb in OK

KBAJ@aol.com

Guest arowe6

I have E736 booked for the Island Princess (Identical to the Coral) for the November 6th RT Panama Canal cruise and can't wait. I read a couple of reviews on these boards saying that they absolutely loved that cabin. When ever the search is back up just search for E736 or 736 or something like that and you'll find it.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

-Andrew

I have E736 booked for the Island Princess (Identical to the Coral) for the November 6th RT Panama Canal cruise and can't wait. I read a couple of reviews on these boards saying that they absolutely loved that cabin. When ever the search is back up just search for E736 or 736 or something like that and you'll find it.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

-Andrew

Andrew the search engine does work. Not the one on the top of the page but the one that is right by the page number. it says Search this Forum". That one works. Just put in E736 and all sorts of posts come up about the cabin numbers.

Marilyn

Kris, We were in E703 for 16 days last April and I was wonderful. The balcony is fully covered and a bit larger I'm told, Laundry is right down the hall . One of the problems you may run into with E736 is noise from the door going out to the aft deck, mainly on the day you go through the canal. They put a sign on it to close it softly so someone must have complained. There were a lot of us coming and going to check out the sites. Also from that back deck you can see into your balcony. Not a lot of privacy on Canal day.

I will see if any of my pictures show it.

Dianne

This shot of Tom's shows it the best The Emerald deck is the one the 3 people are standing on (Blue) the door I'm talking about is right in front of them and your balcony is too the left. I think it's covered enough so people won't be looking down on you. But you can see how they can go to the corner and look in. I think it's a great cabin since you can see aft and to the side or look forward. It's not like people are standing there all the time trying to peek in :eek: I just noticed how everyone was trying to see down the side on Canal day!:D

Hope this helps,

Dianne

photo-e.jpg

Thank you all for your great advice, fortunetly I have a while to drive myself and my husband crazy with the decision;) . I guess that is half the fun, the planning and truth be told, I have been happy where ever I have ended up, because after all, I am on a cruise:D Kris

You may not believe this, but this is the room we're going to be in for our Alaska cruise in August! Keep in touch and I'll give you a detailed report!

(BTW, when are you going to Panama Canal? We're going March, 2009 on same ship!)

And P.S. are you a Les Miserables fan too...I am! The name is why I'm asking.

We are planning for 2010 for my Husband's 50th. Prices aren't even out until this fall so I want to be ready with the cabin selection.

I am so excited to hear how you like the Canal and the room but I guess I will already have booked by the time you get back.

Are you doing the Exotic round trip or a ten day?

Yes I love Les Mis. I actually have a very French last name [ unpronounceable to most:eek: ] and Cozzette is my younger more exotic alter ego.

Can't wait to hear how you like the Canal, it will be a trip of a lifetime that's for sure.

Happy Cruising:D Kris

I have a question about the emerald and dolphin aft decks-

Are there chairs back there? it looks like they are on the higher decks.

Laurachr, There were no chairs on the aft Emerald deck the 16 days we were on the Coral.

Dianne

Archived