Closest Airport to Los Angeles Pier?

Kokopelli

Koko: I think it depends maybe on how many people will be traveling because sometimes a taxi is cheaper if there are like 3 or so of you.

When you decide on the date - check out the Roll Call board! I'm going on the 13th and would love to have you correspond with the rest of us. We have a meeting set up for Sunday at 3 at the Star Bar....info is on the thread for the Roll Call.

Emi

Kokopelli: Long Beach airport is actually the cosest airport BUT not that many airlines fly into it. We fly Jet Blue, which does use Long Beach. Check with your carrier.

We didn't even think to use the NCL's transfer (but will in the future), because we were spending the night in San Pedro. Instead, we used SuperShuttle.

Yes, Long Beach Airport is a little closer. They don't have all the airline options that you have at LAX. Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, America West Airlines and JetBlue Airways have scheduled flights in and out of LGB. If you schedule in to LGB you'll encounter less "ground congestion" at the airport than you will at LAX.

Don't know what the ground transportation cost would be from LGB, however here's a link to the LGB Ground Transportation page:

http://www.longbeach.gov/airport/airline_travelers/ground_transportation.asp

We are travelling in from the UK for the 1oct trip and our agent put us up at the CrownPlaza LAX for the precruise overnight.

I have been looking for transfers to the pier and these guys came up with $39 for 2 passengers 1way but they may have to do another pickup which is not a problem for us since we should have plenty of time cruise day morning.

Seems like a good price to me, Anyone know if they are any good?

I guess they get return travellers heading to the airport from the pier.

http://WWW.AirportExpressShuttle.com

1-800-311-5466

Archived