Special Residence Rate

I was just checking my cruise and I noticed a special residence rate..with a price reduction. I am guessing I am entiled to this reduction. The only problem I see is that even with the special price I paid less than the special rate. My question is am I entiled to the savings for the residence price. Thanks in advance for any help.

I was just checking my cruise and I noticed a special residence rate..with a price reduction. I am guessing I am entiled to this reduction. The only problem I see is that even with the special price I paid less than the special rate. My question is am I entiled to the savings for the residence price. Thanks in advance for any help.

Where did you see the special rate?

who gets a discount? i know people who live in port cities do.....is that all? i never do.

It varies depending on the cruise, the category, and how well the cruise is selling. My last cruise at the last minute they had a residency rate for Arkansas for inside cabins only. For my next cruise, a friend from Michigan got a residency rate several months ago on an inside cabin but there was not one for Arkansas, and now there are no residency specials at all.

The best thing you can do is keep checking RCCL's website.

It varies depending on the cruise, the category, and how well the cruise is selling. My last cruise at the last minute they had a residency rate for Arkansas for inside cabins only. For my next cruise, a friend from Michigan got a residency rate several months ago on an inside cabin but there was not one for Arkansas, and now there are no residency specials at all.

The best thing you can do is keep checking RCCL's website.

so, i have a cruise booked......it's on my booking dashboard and paid for. so, to look for these price drops and discounts, i'd go to royal's main page, serch for my cruise, see if there are any "deals" for it, and go from there? like, compare the price now to the price i paid on my dashboard? i've never in my past 5 cruises seen a price drop or got a discount..........

If you've already got the cruise booked, then just go in and act like you are booking the same cruise (input all your same info, state, number of cruisers, etc). If there are any special deals or price drops they will show when you go to the screen to select your category.

Remember to look at other categories as well, if you are not tied to the cabin that you already have. Sometimes they will have a price drop on a category above yours that will make it advantageous to upgrade instead of staying in your own category. For example, with the residency rate I received last year (twice) we moved up in category yet were still able to get a price drop.

Archived