Kids had a blast!

dolphinwyo

I see there is a lengthy thread going on about rude comments, and since we just got back from our cruise - I just wanted to share...

I was worried about rude comments, looks, or people not being happy with kids onboard, especially after spending so much time on these boards before we cruised. However, I didn't receive anything but positive comments the entire trip. Starting at the security line at the airport, and continuing all the way through the entire trip. My unpredictable 3 y.o. did very well, even in the dining room, even when he was tired. The whole experience was so great for the kids. I was pleasantly surprised. And it was really nice that people would go out of their way to acknowledge good behavior. My kids are ready to move somewhere warm with palm trees!

On the other hand, after this last cruise, I do see why people get so heated on these boards - the hot tubs were always full of kids, kids were running elevators, running around the halls, etc., so I see what the debate is all about. Just remember, that if you are on here and are asking questions and educating yourself, then you are probably in the category that will receive positive comments.

Honestly, I think if people would ask politely that you not put the baby in the hot tub- the offender might get some looks but that would be that.

I know my son and I were getting looks from a man in the pool on QM2. My son was 6 at the time and wasn't jumping or splashing. I just thought the man hated kids.

Found out on my most recent cruise on QM2 that the pool we were in was for adults only. But it doesn't say that by the pool. I read it somewhere in the literature that the aft and indoor pools are available for kids but the mid-ship pool is adults only. I wish he or the pool attendant had said something- rather than have this passenger glare at me!

We had the same experience on CCL Sensation, the kids were just rampant, the worst we have ever seen. So it is easy to understand why CCers get fired up about kids. It wasn't the number of kids, it was their behavior.

We never encountered that on any other ship.

I am SO glad you had a great time with your family! So where are you going next :D

We are planning a cruise to Alaska next. Go somewhere different, where the time zone is in our favor! Not sure if it will be next summer, or the following - trying to decide what ages the kids would most enjoy that type of trip. Plus, my next cruise will definetly be 7 days. The 5 days just didn't seem long enough. I am sure I will be on here researching the options.

Honestly, I think if people would ask politely that you not put the baby in the hot tub- the offender might get some looks but that would be that.

I know my son and I were getting looks from a man in the pool on QM2. My son was 6 at the time and wasn't jumping or splashing. I just thought the man hated kids.

Found out on my most recent cruise on QM2 that the pool we were in was for adults only. But it doesn't say that by the pool. I read it somewhere in the literature that the aft and indoor pools are available for kids but the mid-ship pool is adults only. I wish he or the pool attendant had said something- rather than have this passenger glare at me!

I agree with this - there were not any signs posted near the pool or hot tubs, and then when we went to a Camp Carnival scavenger hunt, one of the questions was "how old do you have to be to use the lido deck hot tubs?" Well, every family got it wrong, as there wasn't any signs posted, and when you asked the staff working near the hot tubs, they said there wasn't an age limit. However, Camp staff said that the rule was 16 or over only. There was a father with an infant with a diaper (not a swim diaper, just a diaper) in the hot tub for a long time. The water temp can't be good for the baby, as well as the diaper issue for other passengers. A few large signs with specific rules would go a long way......

Archived