Cosol's tour, the Jewel and will we be tendered or docked? 2 ships in port

LakelandCat

HI all. Will be on Cosol's tour in 2 weeks while in St. Lucia for the day. We will be on the Jewel. There is one other ship in port that day based on the docking calender. The question I have is whether we will be tendered or docked? Will have a little one with us. ALso, wondering since our ship arrives at 8am and we are supposed to meet him ASAP I guess. Our email from him was the standard form letter and had no times or meeting directions on it but I have read other reviews that stated the meeting time was 8:30. I suppose I could email him again and ask but have emailed him so many times already with questions that I hate to bother him again! Thanks to all and I will post a review when I return!:)

According to frommers, (http://www.frommers.com/tips/entry_requirements_and_customs/article.cfm?tipID=ENTRYCUSTM&articleid=4288&t=Caribbean%20Ports%20of%20Call%3A%20Dock%20or%20Drop%20Anchor%3F%20) there is space for two ships to dock at the port there, so you should be okay.

No problem with Cosol, you will be there in plenty of time and he knows exactly when all the ships come in. We were scheduled to dock at 8 but were there well before and met Cosol without a hitch. If your ship is late for some reason, he will wait.

I am on the Jewel as well and his response to me was to be outside at 8:20am as they are leaving at 8:30am. He said that after you walk into the bldg turn right until get to the gate next to the security booth (which is next to the taxi stand) where he will be holdling a sign that says "Cosol". Hope to see you there!

You can't miss Cosol. He'll be there with a sign, clipboard and a big smile! Enjoy the tour. It is the best site seeing excursion we have ever taken!

Eric

So for sure you didn't feel like you spent too much time sitting on a bus ride?

Also, do Cosol and his drivers take it easy on the winding roads?

I absolutely agree with Pomperaugrr! We just got off the Jewell yesterday and our Cosol tour in St. Lucia was the best of our trip!! Our driver was Adrian and he was a GEM!!! With all the free drinks and food samples, plus the fabulous sights of St. Lucia you can expect a fabulous day!!!!!!

It started as a rainy morning for us but cleared as the day went on. Even with the rain we enjoyed evry moment of our Cosol tour!!!!! :)

We were in St Lucia about three weeks ago on the Pearl. There are actually two separate piers at Castries that held four cruise ships the day we were in port. Walking off the boat and through the adjacent duty free shops to get where the excursion drivers were picking up people was easy. Hope you have a great time in St Lucia, most people seem to.

The roads seemed fine to me - especially after going on an excursion to a beach in the Domican Republic a few days before. Now those roads were so bumpy and poorly paved! It appeared that they had recently resurfaced the road in St. Lucia and the twists were not as bad as I had expected. One lady on our trip said she had a problem with carsickness so the driver had her sit in the front seat and she had no problem at all (she also took her meds before the ride!)

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if ships docking here are docked with port or starboard side facing the dock? Planning on going on Carnival Victory in May 2009 and really want to book cabin that faces the dock in most of the ports we will be visiting Thanks

When we was in St Lucia in April 08 there was our ship and another ship at the other pier. Cosol met everyone off our ship and his friend met the other passengers off the other ship. We then met up and they came on our bus. Which was clean and very comfortable. The trip was excellent and very good value for money. We had loads of local foods and drink during the day. He was awsome and very knowlegeable. His operation worked like clock work and very professional. I would highly recommend him and I am sure you won't be dissappointed, we certainly wasn't and there was 5 of us in our party. Don't forget to take your snorkling gear and some bananas for the fishes. Cosol will be any to get you the bananas. If you get a chance take him some green apples as apparently they are really hard to get and expensive. We had a blast and I am sure you will.

Kimberley

Archived