I need more suggestions for a BOOK to read

sklja

I love books that are part of a series, so you can follow the same characters. Some that haven't been mentioned here:

Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford series (15 books), setting: Sanibel Island, Florida, Doc is a mild-mannered biologist/ex-CIA tough guy

Tom Corcoran's Alex Rutledge series (6 books), setting: Key West, Alex is a photographer, works with police

While not really about cruising, they get me in a tropical mood!

Other series I enjoy include those by:

Nevada Barr

Patricia Cornwell

Lee Child

Dean Koontz (Odd Thomas series is great!)

Kathy Reichs (character that TV series "Bones" is (VERY) loosely based on)

Stephen White

At least on the Diamond Princess, I found their library to be well stocked. In fact, I found a book in their library that I had been waiting for at home for a couple of months. There was also a good selection of paperbacks that passengers had left for others to read. These are kept in a separate cabinet near the desk that is always open even if the library shelves are locked. I always take some books I've already read if I have room in my luggage to leave for others, and one to read on the flight to leave behind too.

I like to read fiction set in the area where I'll be traveling if possible. A keyword search on your local library's website should give you some choices.

The Glass Castle by Barbara Wall was a great read!It's a true story about a women's life growing up with an unstable family and being homeless at times. Odd to say this....but it was really funny and certainly made you appreciate all that you had. I also am reading the seqel to Pillars....loving it!

Archived