Must Have Items

LOWTYD

The Jewel has great hair dryers as well!

Another item I found essential was a twin size sheet to use as a beach blanket so we didn't have to pay to rent beach chairs at various Caribbean beaches. Easy to pack and carry in my beach bag along with lots of SPF and the ship beach towels. That way we could use the towels to dry off after swimming and they were not all covered with sand.

One more thing... i took a little emergency kit. i work for a doctor and had him right some scripts for antibiotics for upper resp.,diarrhea,antivert for dizziness and sea sickness. Also imodium, tylenol and anything else you think of. We didnt need any of it for ourselves but, our friend caught a really bad cold with a sore throat and used our z-pack. He felt better in a day or to and was able to enjoy the rest of our trip. Its better to be safe then sorry. Oh yeah and some kind of anticeptic cream. I got cut on some coral and was glad to have it!:)

We were on the Pearl in November and the hair dryer was the best we have seen on a ship. The bathroom had enough room that we didn't use the over the door shoe hanger. The bathroom also had liquid soap at the sink. In fact, I had to request a bar of soap.

We have been on 5 NCL cruises...trust us when we say........... Pack a hairdryer!!!:) Yes, they have them, but you can blow dry your hair faster by using your mouth versus the ones they have on board...that is about how much little hot air they give out!!:rolleyes:

The hair dryers on the Gem are wonderful. Leave yours home, it will mean more room to pack other things. Also there is liquid soap in the bathroom and in the shower. I brought my own bar soap. I also always bring an air fresher for the bathroom, just to make sure it stays fresh! I forgot a power strip and had to keep rotating chargers, and my curling iron. I also packed about twice the clothes that I needed, I forgot how easy it is to pack for Freestyle dining.

Archived