Promo Code

ellenmb

On a post a few days ago, someone posted a promo code for Carnival; when I entered it I found a great price ...anyone have the promo code (yes, I neglected to write it down and thought I remembered it, but did not)...

On a post a few days ago, someone posted a promo code for Carnival; when I entered it I found a great price ...anyone have the promo code (yes, I neglected to write it down and thought I remembered it, but did not)...

DP3 is a good one.

DP3 is a good one.

I see threads about upgrades, OBC, price reductions, getting a Cat 11 but knowing it will result in a Cat12 if certain criteria are met.

I am just not that savy on how to get the best deal. I book with a PV on the phone and pick my deck & room.

If I want to go online to see if I can get a better price & I have a previous customer# do I use it?

When I access Carnival web site they know it is me. Does that matter?

Do I go through the whole booking process, add the DP3 & see what $ come up? The taxes aren't included yet does that matter?

Thanks

el tigre

I see threads about upgrades, OBC, price reductions, getting a Cat 11 but knowing it will result in a Cat12 if certain criteria are met.

I am just not that savy on how to get the best deal. I book with a PV on the phone and pick my deck & room. I also book with a PVP since I use the interline rates and pick my cabin.

If I want to go online to see if I can get a better price & I have a previous customer# do I use it? When I get on Carnival's website, my PG# automatically shows up.

When I access Carnival web site they know it is me. Does that matter? It doesn't matter.

Do I go through the whole booking process, add the DP3 & see what $ come up? The taxes aren't included yet does that matter? Just keep going through the booking process and the entire $ amount will show up...including taxes and fees. As long as you don't enter credit card info you won't be charged anything.

Thanks

el tigre

Hope this helps!

Probably a stupid question, but if I am all paid up for my cruise and the prices lower (or I use DP3 and a lower price shows up), can my Travel agent actually give me the lower price? Is there a time limit?

Probably a stupid question, but if I am all paid up for my cruise and the prices lower (or I use DP3 and a lower price shows up), can my Travel agent actually give me the lower price? Is there a time limit?

ellennb,

After you've made your final payment, Carnival will grant OBC ( On board credit ) instead of refunding the price difference. Whether your TA will or not is per whatever policy they follow. On our last cruise I got an OBC for a price drop three days before we sailed. :)

DP3 is a good one.

I typed in this code and came up with a GREAT price for the cruise we are looking at booking. Does ANYBODY know what this code is for? Is it safe to use? I don't want to book it and then a week before the cruise they say that code isn't any good and want to charge me more for my cruise! So if someone has used this code let me know if everything worked out good.:confused:

I typed in this code and came up with a GREAT price for the cruise we are looking at booking. Does ANYBODY know what this code is for? Is it safe to use? I don't want to book it and then a week before the cruise they say that code isn't any good and want to charge me more for my cruise! So if someone has used this code let me know if everything worked out good.:confused:

CDP3 is the fare code for past guests. It should give you a reduced rate and a free 2 category upgrade.

It pays off to call your PVP because they have several other fare codes that are awesome, and there's no way to know unless you call and find out if it applies to the sailing that you're interested in. If your PVP is knowledgeable, he/she will know which ones are currently active. The PVP I speak to told me that during a year, there can literally be hundreds of different fare codes promoting different sales.

For example there's a Funtennial Sale during this month and each week there's a different fare code. According to the last email I received, the fare code for this week was COF2.

Tapi is right on with their answer. If you only put one code in, you may and probably are missing other promotions that may be available. The computer will only search for that code...there may be another promotion available that has a lower price, but that won't show. Cruiselines pricing generally default to the lowest price available.....when searching if you have checked that you are a past passenger, over 55, mil or state of residence, the search engine will chekc them in addition to the best available rate.

I don't recommend playing with promo codes on the website. It may not give you the best rate. If you call your PVP or TA they can quickly search all codes avail for that particular sailing and let you know which is best. For an example, on the OP's cruise there are 10 rate codes currently available for the cruise...If you are entering one specific code, you will not see the rates for the other 9....

I just tried 2 minutes ago and got a message back stating DP3 is not a valid code.

On the Valor DPS is valid for Cats 4A-4E and 8A-8E. You will need a past guest number for the rate. There is also a past guest upgrade special for this cruise in those Cats .

On the Valor DPS is valid for Cats 4A-4E and 8A-8E. You will need a past guest number for the rate. There is also a past guest upgrade special for this cruise in those Cats .

I have a past guest # but DP3 CDP3 or DPS do not work and are invalid codes for the PRIDE.

Does anyone know which ones will work?

Hope this helps!

Thanks Mona I assume I got the best price. What is the age for senior discount do you know?

I have tried doing the process but the empress deck doesn't show up as available. Makes me think there are no rooms on that deck?

Is there a way to tell how much of the ship is booked?

Cat 6 shows up but then I think if it's a upgrade by 2 levels then this is the pricing I should look at to compare to?

Empress oceanview is what I booked.

el tigre

Archived