Three Queens in Southampton in April

EMSOMICH

I have just read in the local paper that all three Queens are scheduled to be in Southampton on Tuesday, 22nd April.

The other two will sail that day but QE2 remains until 27th April.

Maureen

Hiya!

Sounds great! Where did you read this? I thought that Cunard advertised NYC 13th Jan as the "first and last" meeting of the 3 Queens???

They did. Then they decided to do the refit in Southampton, which meant that they could do the repeat.Still, as has been said elsewhere, being tied up to the quay isn't quite the same as leading QM2 and QV into New York.Caribe

I have just read in the local paper that all three Queens are scheduled to be in Southampton on Tuesday, 22nd April.

The other two will sail that day but QE2 remains until 27th April.

Maureen

And if Myles comes............... 4 Queens !!! :D :p

This is fantastic news. I had resigned myself to the fact that we would not get to see this after checking their itineries for the year, what a lovely present from Cunard!

Unless you can get on a boat I think the best view will be from the end of Town Pier to watch QM2 go passed and then see the three of them next to each other. I would love to see QM2 reverse up the river again as she did when she left on her maiden voyage. This will be a truly historic event, let's hope the weather is good.

Love Rich.

We are on the 4/16 sailing of the QM2 into Southampton, arriving early morning on 4/22.

Seems as though we will have to return to the port area in late afternoon if we want to see all three ships in close proximity...

We are also arriving 4/22 on QM2 (join the roll call list & discussion thread Jonny?) ;) . After putting our formal duds in storage in Southampton, we have to be on the train by 1230 in order to catch our Eurostar in London.

Too bad we'll miss this...we sail in with Vickie, and out with QE2 on 2 June.

Cheers,

Bob & Beatrice

Rich (Titanorac9370)

We have our boarding instructions for the QV voyage which states we will be leaving from QE2 Terminal 38/39. This is not as stated on the Southampton port sailing schedule web site. You might be better to be at Hythe pier that evening, as the QM2 is due to leave first and will therefore pass the QV opposite the Hythe viewing vantage.

I hope this may be of use to you if you are thinking of going to Southampton.

Can one have the audacity to ask how much of a refit will they give the Grande Dame, now that she is off to some foreign land? I am astounded that the accountants at Cunard are not demanding that she does another cruise, so that she make money rather than cost it.

:eek:

Rich (Titanorac9370)

We have our boarding instructions for the QV voyage which states we will be leaving from QE2 Terminal 38/39. This is not as stated on the Southampton port sailing schedule web site.

I think that you will find that the boarding instructions given within your ticket pack are WRONG! According to a Cunard Marketwire PR release issued on 20th March, (http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=834901), QV will be berthed at the City Cruise Terminal with QE2 alongside Berth 105, and QM2 berthed at the QEII Terminal. We are also on the QV voyage, and our tickets (that say the same as yours) were printed on 2nd March, nearly three weeks before the above PR release. The AIS Schedule on the Southampton Port Authority website (which is updated regularly), states that QV will be at berth 106, Mayflower Terminal (access via Dock Gate 10), where she has always previously sailed from, and that QM2 will berth at the Queen Elizabeth II - Berths 38/39 (access via Dock Gate 4).

We know Southampton Dock area well and will see the ships and where they are, but what is going to happen to any Cunard newbies who may not recognise the ships and may well just tell a cab driver to take them to the berth listed on their ticket! When they come to check in (after their luggage has been taken away), it will come to light that they are in the wrong place.

Regards,

David

Gosh by April 22nd we shall be truely "Queened" out...we fly to San Francsisco tomorrow, then down to LA, staying on The Queen Mary Hotel, embarking QE2 on Sunday 30th....getting off in NYC for 4 days then back to Southampton on QM2...this last bit came as offer from Cunard last Tuesday; they had overbooked QE2 on the Transatlantic and wondered if we'd be interrest....well, you just don't turn down an offer like that do you, epecially with The Waldrof and Queens cabin thrown in ! But to then arrive in Southampton and see our beloved QE2 :) again is just amazing. Sadly, as we'll have been away for 4 weeks and have a car picking us up we shall not be able to wait and see the sail out...

what do you mean UNTIL I CANCEL!!! i think you are being rude!!!!

that i cancel every cruise i am on. in january i was very ill!!!! iam not on any of the 3 queens in april. iam on norwegian dream april 13th-may 1st. then qv may 2nd.

dave

Just arrived back from Paris! As a result, I have decided that I do not like Dover as a port. The high winds caused a long, long, wait!

I believe the QE2 will be in Berth 101 and the QM2 at Dock Gate 4. As to what it says on the tickets, my tickets for 12th April in New York say Brooklyn but those on board QE2 have been told Manhattan. Cunard UK still say Brooklyn. I must see if Shieldhall is going out. If anyone is interested you look under Blue Funnel Cruises, Southampton.

If I read any more in the local paper or hear anything on the local TV, I will pass it on.

I thought Myles would make a visit - after all I do have something that belongs to him!

Maureen

vtbobby -- If you don't mind sharing, what facility are you using to store your luggage in Southampton?

Andrea

Hi Andrea...we are using Lok 'n Store...they are sending a taxi to pick us up at the pier. Please see the thread "Left Luggage in Southampton" for all the details. There is also another company called SafeStore on St. Mary's road.

Cheers,

Bob Ring

nearby in Bonita Springs :cool:

Just arrived back from Paris! As a result, I have decided that I do not like Dover as a port. The high winds caused a long, long, wait!

I believe the QE2 will be in Berth 101 and the QM2 at Dock Gate 4. As to what it says on the tickets, my tickets for 12th April in New York say Brooklyn but those on board QE2 have been told Manhattan. Cunard UK still say Brooklyn. I must see if Shieldhall is going out. If anyone is interested you look under Blue Funnel Cruises, Southampton.

If I read any more in the local paper or hear anything on the local TV, I will pass it on.

I thought Myles would make a visit - after all I do have something that belongs to him!

Maureen

It is my understanding that QE2 will no longer be docked in Manhattan, she will be (rather depressingly) in Brooklyn. Happy sailing!

I used Safestore in St. Mary's Road when I moved house. It was recommended by the furniture remover and it is not too far from the Docks.

I see there is a news item re-the meeting of the Queens on the Cunard website. The QM2 is moving down to the QV just before they sail so that all three will then salute each other.

Maureen

I think that you will find that the boarding instructions given within your ticket pack are WRONG! According to a Cunard Marketwire PR release issued on 20th March, (http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=834901), QV will be berthed at the City Cruise Terminal with QE2 alongside Berth 105, and QM2 berthed at the QEII Terminal. We are also on the QV voyage, and our tickets (that say the same as yours) were printed on 2nd March, nearly three weeks before the above PR release. The AIS Schedule on the Southampton Port Authority website (which is updated regularly), states that QV will be at berth 106, Mayflower Terminal (access via Dock Gate 10), where she has always previously sailed from, and that QM2 will berth at the Queen Elizabeth II - Berths 38/39 (access via Dock Gate 4).

We know Southampton Dock area well and will see the ships and where they are, but what is going to happen to any Cunard newbies who may not recognise the ships and may well just tell a cab driver to take them to the berth listed on their ticket! When they come to check in (after their luggage has been taken away), it will come to light that they are in the wrong place.

Regards,

David

We have just received our final documents from Cunard for the 02 June crossing of Queen Mary 2...and we are instructed to board at MAYFLOWER PIER, BERTH 106 !! :eek: So, who knows where these three gals will be docked.

We'll be back in London a few days before sailing, so I guess we could call Cunard UK for a final decision.

Cheers,

Bob & Beatrice :cool:

Archived