Three Queens in Southampton in April

EMSOMICH

We have just received our final documents from Cunard for the 02 June crossing of Queen Mary 2...and we are instructed to board at MAYFLOWER PIER, BERTH 106 !! :eek: So, who knows where these three gals will be docked.

We'll be back in London a few days before sailing, so I guess we could call Cunard UK for a final decision.

Cheers,

Bob & Beatrice :cool:

Hello!

THe original post was referring to an April trip, so perhaps it's Queen Elizabeth II terminal for that and Mayflower for yours???

We have just received our final documents from Cunard for the 02 June crossing of Queen Mary 2...and we are instructed to board at MAYFLOWER PIER, BERTH 106 !! :eek: So, who knows where these three gals will be docked.

We'll be back in London a few days before sailing, so I guess we could call Cunard UK for a final decision.

Cheers,

Bob & Beatrice :cool:

Forget everything I just said...Brain Fart :o from reading too much Cunard documents and Eurail reservations at the same time...I had the three queens on the wrong date...we arrive 22April with the three Queens...not depart!

Sorry! :eek:

B&B

The shipping movements for Southampton say the QM2 is in the usual berth. who knows? My tickets for the QE2 on12th April say Brooklyn verified by Cunard in Southampton whereas someone on board was told Manhattan. Like you, we shall wait and see!

Maureen

Hi All

Rather than visit Southampton may I suggest you drive to Hythe Marina for the best view of the Queens, or even take the Hythe to Southampton ferry.

Hythe has its own pier with a small train to take you to the ferry.

See you in Hythe 22nd April.

Pj

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone visiting Southampton on 22nd April to view the 3 Queens, or on QV or QM2, you might find this document interesting. We never expected such an occasion when we booked our QV trip for next week, and we are on the starboard side. What could be better?

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk hmsouthampton@abports.co.uk

LASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTSSOUTHAMPTON

NOTICE TO MARINERS

No 37 (T) of 2008

Commemoration of the Occasion of Queen Elizabeth 2,

Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria Together in

Southampton

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Tuesday 22nd April 2008 will be the final occasion when the

Queen Elizabeth 2, Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria will be alongside simultaneously in

Southampton.

The ships will be berthed on 22nd April as follows:

Queen Elizabeth 2 105 Berth, port side to quay

Queen Victoria 101 Berth, port side to quay

Queen Mary 2 38/39 Berth, starboard side to quay

Pacific Princess 106 Berth, port side to quay

The plan for the departure of Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria will be as follows:

1700 Queen Mary 2 slips from 38/39 Berth and manoeuvres to a position between

101 and 105 Berths

1730 Pacific Princess slips 106 Berth and departs to sea

1745 Queen Mary 2 maintains position between 101 and 105 Berths

1755 Queen Mary 2 departs to sea

1800 Queen Victoria departs to sea

Owners of small craft who intend to view the departure are advised that they should remain clear of

the main channel between Dock Head and the Upper Swinging Ground between 1700 and 1800.

All mariners are advised that no other large ship movements will be permitted in the main channel

between Dock Head and the Upper Swinging Ground between 1700 and 1800. Mariners should

consult VTS Southampton to confirm timings for their movements in the normal manner.

This notice will be self-cancelling on conclusion of the event.

Vessel Traffic Services Centre

Berth 37, Eastern Docks

Southampton

Captain P Holliday

Harbour Master

17 April 2008

Owners, Agents, Charterers, Marinas, Yacht Clubs and Recreational Sailing

Organisations should ensure that the contents of this Notice are made known to

the masters or persons in charge of their vessels or craft.

For anyone visiting Southampton on Ind April to view the 3 Queens' date=' or on QV or QM2, you might find this document interesting. We never expected such an occasion when we booked our QV trip for next week, and we are on the starboard side. What could be better?

www.southamptonvts.co.uk hmsouthampton@abports.co.uk

LASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTSSOUTHAMPTON

NOTICE TO MARINERS

No 37 (T) of 2008

Commemoration of the Occasion of Queen Elizabeth 2,

Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria Together in

Southampton

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Tuesday 22nd April 2008 will be the final occasion when the

Queen Elizabeth 2, Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria will be alongside simultaneously in

Southampton.

The ships will be berthed on 22nd April as follows:

Queen Elizabeth 2 105 Berth, port side to quay

Queen Victoria 101 Berth, port side to quay

Queen Mary 2 38/39 Berth, starboard side to quay

Pacific Princess 106 Berth, port side to quay

The plan for the departure of Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria will be as follows:

1700 Queen Mary 2 slips from 38/39 Berth and manoeuvres to a position between

101 and 105 Berths

1730 Pacific Princess slips 106 Berth and departs to sea

1745 Queen Mary 2 maintains position between 101 and 105 Berths

1755 Queen Mary 2 departs to sea

1800 Queen Victoria departs to sea

Thanks LadyL1 for the excellent and detailed information regarding the movements of the vessels prior to departure on the 22nd. When we booked what will be our first voyage on QV nearly 12 months ago, little did we think that we would once again see out beloved QE2. When we left her after our 'farewell' voyage last December it was a bitter/sweet experience - remembering all those wonderful times that we had previously experienced on board, and believing that we would never see her again!

We are very much looking forward to the experience of seeing (and hearing!) the Three Queens together once again, and are hoping that we will get a reasonable view from our cabin - Deck 4 Port Side at the stern (wrap-around balcony). We just cannot believe our luck that we will once again be privileged to witness all the Cunard Fleet together for the final time.

I just hope that the weather is good, especially for all of the ardent QE2 fans who are making the trip to Southampton to witness this memorable occasion - we will be waving like crazy to you all! - so please wave back!

Regards,

David

David, I will be there in Mayflower Park waving back. I hope all goes to plan as I have to be on the train at 19.15.

Thanks S, I will keep an eye out for you. I really do admire your dedication to these fantastic vessels. Hope that you have a good journey down - and back again afterwards.

Regards,

David

In case you missed it - here are all 3 Queens from QE2's webcam

Thanks Ken for the webcam pics. I was busy trying to record the TV footage, especially as my better half accompanied by a friend were in Mayflower Park, where they were right next to one of the TV crews cameras' watching the 3 Queens.

Apparently there were several thousand people watching the Queens, and the Queens are just about honked out!:D

Phileas

Who wished he could have been there as well! :(

Hi here are a few photo's of the three Queens in today, it was good weather and a good day.

http://picasaweb.google.com/E201Puffin

:)

I see one of your photos is of the NCL Pearl Dec 2, 06. Do you have any pictures of us (I did the crossing to FTL) in the big storm the next few days, as the deck furniture was being rearranged?

I noticed the Captain of QV said they did not ship any water on the QV/QE2 crossing: of course the spray was hitting the top of the NCL Pearl during our storm: I get the idea the ships are similiar: I just assume the steel hull is thicker and there is more insulation on the QV: we could hear the ocean from inside the theater!

stop

David in Ohio--looking forward to 3 Queens later when the walking one joins us boarding in Southampton.

[quote name='rjms74']I agree ken but could you get the sound to work on this BBC news coverage?

RJMS74[/QUOTE]

No, I couldn't get any sound either!!! But if you click on Fullscreen version the pictures speak for themselves :D

Ken

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Great photos, Steve! I do envy your job :D being a cruise journalist, great day yesterday. Did manage to travel on the blue funnel trip around all three Queens. Best place for the photos was up in that helicopter.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I managed to get a good position on top of the concrete shelter in the Mayflower Park, had the BBC camera man next to me![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/G4AJG/IMG_9653copy-1.jpg[/IMG]

What a pity you cannot hear the terific noise on the website. It started with the Pacific Princess sailing out and sounding her horn which was acknowledged by the thee Queens. We had a great view at the end of Town Quay.

The people who were intervierwed on Solent said they had been on the other Queens but preferred the QE2.

On Friday, The Independence of the Seas arrives to be named. Probably won't attract so much attention as Cunard.

Maureen

[quote name='soblue'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Great photos, Steve! I do envy your job :D being a cruise journalist, great day yesterday. Did manage to travel on the blue funnel trip around all three Queens. Best place for the photos was up in that helicopter.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I managed to get a good position on top of the concrete shelter in the Mayflower Park, had the BBC camera man next to me![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/G4AJG/IMG_9653copy-1.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

[SIZE=3]Hi Andrew, not quite as cold as the last time the girls met-up :D [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Betsy[/SIZE]

Hello,

I also had the chance to be at this awsome event. You can find my pictures at [URL]http://picasaweb.google.com/fgrosse/ThreeQueensInSouthampton[/URL]

I also recorded this event with my camcorder, but until next weekend there's no chance to make a little movie about it. If I'm ready I will post the link here into this thread.

Greetings Frank

[quote name='soblue'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Great photos, Steve! I do envy your job :D being a cruise journalist, great day yesterday. Did manage to travel on the blue funnel trip around all three Queens. Best place for the photos was up in that helicopter.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/G4AJG/IMG_9653copy-1.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Good man - what a picture! I was nearly there but work precluded me. 'M' might have been there too!!! Hope we'll meet again - maybe with a dram.;)

I have just had a look through the photos and videos. They all look wonderful. Wish I could have been there.
My wife and I are sailing on the QV on 6th May but we will be in Southampton from Sunday 4th May. I have checked the cruise ship schedule website [URL]http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/cruise_ship.asp[/URL] .
QM2 will be in port the day we arrive and QE2 on the Monday so hopefully we will manage to get down and see them both.
Is anyone else reading this sailing on QV on 6th May?
This will be our first Cunard cruise and we are really looking forward to it.

Alex & Muriel

Archived