Miami Hotels, shuttles, areas to stay

GAgirl_01

We are looking for a hotel for Sunday night in Miami. Can anyone recommend a good hotel in a nice area that is reasonably priced for me, my husband and 2 kids (ages 3 & 6)? Is it possible to find a hotel that will pick up at the airport and that is close to stores/places to eat, etc? I would rather not have to rent a car if we can avoid it. It does not matter if we are near the beach or not. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!! :)

Use Priceline or Hotwire... this is one of the best areas in the Priceline system and good hotels can often be had for under $50/nite.

Priceline only guarantees double occupany but in the downtown Miami area i have not heard of anyone having a problem getting a room with 2 beds. If this concerns you nonetheless, use Hotwire as they will now allow you to designate 2 adults and 2 children in the room.

The Downtown area is closest to the pier. Cab fare from the airport will cost about $30 to the hotel, under $10 to the pier the next day. As far as restaurants, many people that stay in the area go to Bayside for dinner.

Hi GAgirl 01, I am also coming into Miami from Atlanta late Sunday nite

for my cruise on Mon on the Majesty. I found the Holiday Inn on South

Royal Poinciana Blvd for under $70.00 per nite. They also include 24

hour shuttle from airport (I called the hotel to verify since some are not

24hr) and also a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. Looking at the website,

it looks like an ok hotel. The price is about the same as what Hampton

Inn had but the free Port of Miami shuttle was the deal maker. I don't

know about the area but it is near the airport so if it's like around the

Atlanta airport, it's not a great area but as long as I can be on my way

to the port the next am, I am happy. Hope this info helps!

Rhonda

Thank you all for the info! I did use priceline and I got a good hotel at a reasonable price. Holiday Inn South Beach for $60. Booking it online or through the hotel would have been $129 and up, so it is not a bad deal! We called the hotel and they have put us in a non-smoking room with two beds. So hopefully we are set!

Hi GAgirl 01, I am also coming into Miami from Atlanta late Sunday nite

for my cruise on Mon on the Majesty. I found the Holiday Inn on South

Royal Poinciana Blvd for under $70.00 per nite. They also include 24

hour shuttle from airport (I called the hotel to verify since some are not

24hr) and also a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. Looking at the website,

it looks like an ok hotel. The price is about the same as what Hampton

Inn had but the free Port of Miami shuttle was the deal maker. I don't

know about the area but it is near the airport so if it's like around the

Atlanta airport, it's not a great area but as long as I can be on my way

to the port the next am, I am happy. Hope this info helps!

Rhonda

Thanks for posting this! I wouldn't have known about this hotel. I agree with you the free shuttle to the port is a big seller.

Be careful when you book the $69 rate because it is a pre-paid non-refundable rate. It is an advance purchase rate if you book at least 14 days before arrival. For now (since I'm hoping I could get another hotel via Priceline) I have booked the $99 Best Flexible Rate where they take my credit card info for guarantee but don't charge it. I will call them to change to the cheaper rate if I don't succeed with Priceline over the next couple of weeks.

To the OP- I have not stayed in the Holiday Inn SB,but have stayed right next door at the Roney Palace. This is a great area. The beach is beautiful. Shopping and restaurants are an easy walk away on either the Lincoln Rd outdoor mall or on Ocean Drive. It's a beautiful spot and you and your family should have alot of fun there.

• 6 months later...
Hi,

The last time I was there I used a company called BC Express I found them to be excellent. They even went to the trouble of going back to my hotel to find my mobile and posted it back to me when I left it.

There web site is http://www.bcsexpress.com

If they are half as good with you as they were with me you will be very happy, and there prices are good to.

They helped me with hotel's in Las Vegas, Ft Lauderdale and Miami

Regards

Mike

Interesting, all of orlandomike posts are about bcsexpress....could they be one and the same? Sounds like self-promoting advertising to me

• 2 weeks later...

MR. BC.. interesting that Orlando Mike joined.. in Oct.. and you joined in Nov.

I have a friend who is a frequent traveler who changes her name here for every cruise she takes...

I will not use anyone who promotes themselves on the Board... sorry...I feel its against board policy. Even if Chris endorses you and is part of CCBOARD PATROL>

I dont mind your happy clients here but you shouldnt be self promoting..

I will use my nice illegal retired UNCLE....

:cool: :eek:

Archived