Sharing Soda Card?

pokeypoke

If I purchase 1 soda card, can my partner and I use the same card? Is this posible? Of course, we would not order 2 sodas at the same time. I doubt either of us will drink more than 1 or 2 sodas each per day and therefore can't see the purpose of buying 2 soda cards. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks,

pokey

Soda cards are for each person. They are not for sharing. If you are only going to drink one or two sodas per day, then don't buy the soda card, and pay for each drink when you order it.

It's not a card, but rather a sticker that is placed on your ship card. I'm sure you know that NCL sells them on a per person basis, so you're the only one who can decide if you want to abide by the rules or not. I think Cuizer2 is right that with only a couple of sodas a day, you really don't even need to purchase the soda package. You are also allowed to bring a reasonable amount of soda or water with you when you board. You'd have no problem bringing a couple of 12-packs or some 2-liter bottles.

beachchick

My husband and I cruised on the Gem March 8-15 and purchased the soda stickers as we thought that we would need them. It was a real waste of money for us. If you are only going to drink a couple of sodas per day, you are much better off purchasing them as you go. You will get better quality soda as it will be in a can and not from the fountain. The cans are also more convenient for use in your cabin and won't go flat.

On our next cruise we intend to purchase sodas as we need them - in the can.

WinterSky

If I purchase 1 soda card, can my partner and I use the same card? Is this posible? Of course, we would not order 2 sodas at the same time. I doubt either of us will drink more than 1 or 2 sodas each per day and therefore can't see the purpose of buying 2 soda cards. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks,

pokey

If it was that easy, lots of people would get them and share for an entire family. Can you imagine 6 kids and 4 adults drinking soda for the price of one sticker? The pricing is on a per person basis.

i take a 6pk of pepsi bottles, not cans. that way i can re-cap them and make them last longer. i can get more at some of the ports.

bring your own, especially if you don't drink that much. save the money for the foo-foo drinks.

that being said, i did decide that the next cruise....i was going to buy a soda card. we are planning on re-doing the last cruise and with those ports/time in ports...trying to buy more soda is just not that easy.

We bought a soda card once, since DW likes to drink them instead of my alcohol (lucky me!)

Since that first cruise, we just bring our own soda. It is too much of a hassle to go to the bar each time you want a drink, especially if you are in your cabin. The glasses they served them in were small, as I recall. Much better to just buy a can of soda one at a time if you need it.

I think it would take a very unusual person to be able to drink enough soda over the course of a day to outweigh the cost of buying it by the can. Remember, some days you are going to be in port where your soda card is not honored.

If you drink more than 3 1/2 sodas a day then the sticker is worth while. I think that is easy to do. We drink soda all day. A few during the day, one or two at dinner, a couple at night, wham your'e ahead of the game. I get my money's worth just in the evening.

If it was that easy, lots of people would get them and share for an entire family. Can you imagine 6 kids and 4 adults drinking soda for the price of one sticker? The pricing is on a per person basis.

And yet, some people try to do just that. I remember some time back when a member said that she fully intended to buy a soda sticker for their 9-y/o DD and have the DD go get soda for everyone (family of 5) all day. At the time, I wrote that not only did I think it set a horrible example (as well as plain old wrong), but it was a lousy thing to do to their DD, who was expected to be at the beck and call for soda for the whole family. Unbelievable!

beachchick

If you drink more than 3 1/2 sodas a day then the sticker is worth while. I think that is easy to do. We drink soda all day. A few during the day, one or two at dinner, a couple at night, wham your'e ahead of the game. I get my money's worth just in the evening.

I guess that's why they have the card - some people drink a lot of soda. They do have free beverages: coffee, juices (mornings), tea, and on some lines they had lemonade or punch. We usually bring the powdered Crystal Light and mix it with ice water.

DW like a soda in the morning while I prefer coffee, and she may have one or two during the day. My feeling is, with all the calories I am getting with the many meals, and with all the alcohol, I try to drink low-cal drinks like black coffee or the powdered mixes. Anyway, you can always bring on your favorite non-alcoholic drinks if you would rather.

And yet, some people try to do just that. I remember some time back when a member said that she fully intended to buy a soda sticker for their 9-y/o DD and have the DD go get soda for everyone (family of 5) all day. At the time, I wrote that not only did I think it set a horrible example (as well as plain old wrong), but it was a lousy thing to do to their DD, who was expected to be at the beck and call for soda for the whole family. Unbelievable!

beachchick

This is probably why the cost of the soda sticker gets higher and higher. I'm sure they realize people are doing this. It doesn't make it right on either side.

I agree though to purchase the drinks only when you want them. Personally, my diet pop is ordered with a "twist" and I don't think they would do that with the sticker!!! It would be nice though!

I like the soda card and a large insulated cup. I got 40oz of soda every time I stopped!

Apparently one has to drink 4 sodas a day to make the card thing worth it. I like Club Soda with my meals and here and there in hot weather, so it was worth it for me.

The only time DH used the card was when he went to the bar to get me a Club Soda. While no one asked him about it, we probably would have felt awkward if he was using it for himself.

I too used an insulated glass, not sure of the volume. And I had no problem getting a "twist"!

Archived