Steamboat in Juneau

Bilyeu5

Assuming it's not sold out to cruiselines, can a person just walk up and buy a ticket if they decide at the last minute to do the steamboat cruise?

I wasn't able to get either of the shore excursions I wanted in Juneau, so plan to just wander around and go with the whim of the moment.

I did not see a steamboat excursion on the Celebity Millennium.... actually, I did not see ANY excursions in Juneau that I wanted to do... other than the Mt Roberts Tram.

What is the name of the steamboat?

I would like to check it out :)

Assuming it's not sold out to cruiselines, can a person just walk up and buy a ticket if they decide at the last minute to do the steamboat cruise?

I wasn't able to get either of the shore excursions I wanted in Juneau, so plan to just wander around and go with the whim of the moment.

Just so you know what you would be getting into, you do realize that this is not the type of steamboat that you might be thinking of (i.e. the size of a riverboat)? It is smaller than a lifeboat (more like a slightly larger rowboat with a steam engine). I've seen it, it is cute, but it reminds me of the False Creek Ferries in Vancouver, and I'm prone to calling them "tub toys."

Fine for a good weather day, but wouldn't even want to think about it if the waters were even a little choppy.

I think you can get tickets the day of, without any problems.

There is a picture of the cute little thing on their website:

http://www.juneausteamboat.com/

Archived