Is Orient Beach ENTIRELY clothing optional??

danyelle

:D

Is there signage or any markings letting us know what parts are clothing optional or is the entire Orient Beach proper, a clothing optional area??

I read that the area by the Orient Hotel (i think?) is clothing optional. Can non-hotel-guests rent umbrellas there and are food/drinks available as well?

Thanks

:D

Is there signage or any markings letting us know what parts are clothing optional or is the entire Orient Beach proper, a clothing optional area??

I read that the area by the Orient Hotel (i think?) is clothing optional. Can non-hotel-guests rent umbrellas there and are food/drinks available as well?

Thanks

The "Club O" section is entirely naturalist. The remainder of the beach is European style (topless optional). Occasionally, but not often, a nudist will walk the beach. If nudity offends you, this is probably not the beach for you.

BTW, there is no Orient Hotel.

The "Club O" section is entirely naturalist. The remainder of the beach is European style (topless optional). Occasionally, but not often, a nudist will walk the beach. If nudity offends you, this is probably not the beach for you.

BTW, there is no Orient Hotel.

Stones, Thanks for the info. I found out after posting that it's Club Orient. If nudity offended me I'd be asking for info on a different beach:D

I was on Orient Beach the week of 3/8 and was in the water mostly, but I only ran across one topless sunbather--and my mom saw a guy in a thong bikini which she claimed was "just wrong!" but unless you're watching with binoculars or something, I don't think it's that obvious that it's a nude beach.

I was on Orient Beach the week of 3/8 and was in the water mostly, but I only ran across one topless sunbather--and my mom saw a guy in a thong bikini which she claimed was "just wrong!" but unless you're watching with binoculars or something, I don't think it's that obvious that it's a nude beach.

Your mom was checking out thong with binoculars? LOL

That would have been my mom bless her heart.

Guy shouldn't have the thong then...

we were at Orient on 3/13. We were next to the nudest colony. A few people walked past, but not too many. Some women were topless. One man was fully nude & stood at the shoreline rotating (trying to get an even tan?) & could have passed for a sundial!:eek:

Just an FYI that Club Orient is not a "nudist colony," but is a fully clothing optional resort. There's a distinct difference. At CO, you are welcome to wear as much or as little as you prefer. (At a "nudist colony," which I doubt is the correct term, everyone is supposed to be fully nude.)

beachchick

Nudist Colony is the term the taxi driver used. So, we took her at her word. Thanks for clearing that up. It was a resort next to Pedros.

Yep, that's Club Orient. I should have been clearer too when I wrote that "nudist colony" is probably the wrong term. I meant that I doubt it's the term used by those who actually visit a fully nude resort/facility. I know that it's a commonly used term, but I'm pretty sure it's not accurate.

beachchick

Yes, there are signs advising you that you are about to enter a clothing optional beach. Also, that there are to be no photographs, either with camera or cell phone.

So I can't take pictures of the beach, water, me enjoying a drink in my chair, paprasailing, etc. We will be at Bikini Beach.

We spent last July 4th at Orient Bay Beach with our children. We explained to them that it was a clothing optional beach and what to expect and how to behave. We did encounter some nudity and no one was phased. The kids had a great time on the water trampoline.:rolleyes: We will be there again August 3rd.

So I can't take pictures of the beach, water, me enjoying a drink in my chair, paprasailing, etc. We will be at Bikini Beach.

Feel free anywhere along Orient except for the property in front of Club Orient.

th_DSCN1404.jpg

(click)

Additional photos of the sign here.

gary

I was there last Saturday.

We stayed at Bikini Beach, where everyone was wearing normal beach attire (for US), except for a few women who wandered by topless and in thongs. The beach is normal "topless allowed" beach for the most part. If you walk toward the right (facing the sea), you will get to a point where there are some rocks and a sign that reads: "PLEASE NO CAMERAS, NO CELL PHONES". Past the sign most people will be completely nude, and a few will be clothed. All the umbrellas in this section are yellow, so I believe they belong to Club Orient, the clothing-optional resort.

If you stay at Bikini Beach, you will not notice anything different from any other beach except the few topless women. Bikini Beach has green and blue striped umbrellas.

Archived