what to do at which island

czexrus

On the inspiration, we will be visiting Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We will be traveling with 2 younger children and 3 teenagers. We definitiely want to snorkel AND see beaches. Can someone suggest which island would be better to snorkel at? which one would be good just to beach it?

Thankyou.

On the inspiration, we will be visiting Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We will be traveling with 2 younger children and 3 teenagers. We definitiely want to snorkel AND see beaches. Can someone suggest which island would be better to snorkel at? which one would be good just to beach it?

Thankyou.

Both

Seven mile beach in Grand Cayman was SO nice, BUT - be careful - we had a Portuguese Man O War on the beach.... I 'm sure you can find these anywhere in the Caribbean, but it was the first time I had seen one in person... I grew up in New England and jellyfish and sea creatures don't generally scare me away from the water - but after that sighting, I decided to stick to the bar : )

Hi,

Just got back from sailing on Imagination on 03/15 to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We took the butterfly tour and then went to Grape Beach. The beach is beautiful but there were a bunch of people and even boats right up by the beach to take people out for whatever. Next time I'll find a more private beach. The sand is great on your toes and I saw a bunch of kids building sand castles and playing.

Thankyou.

I would suggest Passion Island for Cozumel. It is just beautiful! You can get there by jeep, kayak, twister (speed boat) or bus. This is where the Corona beer commercials are filmed. Email Carrie at tourcozumel@hotmail.com for info.

For Grand Caymen, I would suggest Nativeway Stingray tours. It's awesome. I can't remember their email address but I'm sure if you just "googled" Nativeway, it will come up!

Grand Cayman - I suggest the stingray snorkel and sandbar. It is really fun and the kids will love it.

Cozumel - We went snorkeling there last summer and it wasn't impressive from the ship tour. However, last week we just went to Paradise Beach and it was pretty cool. Free admission, $15 cab fare per family, and a 15 minute ride from the pier to the beach. Get there as early as you can to get a chair close to the water! They have two water trampolines, a water climbing rock, kayaks, jet skis, banana boats, snorkeling (not that great) and a tree climb there. They also have full service waitstaff on the beach.

I second Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Snorkeling won't be too great there but lots of water toys for the kids. One thing not to miss on Cayman is swimming with the stingrays. We booked Captain Bryans catamaran tour and it was fabulous - only 20 or so people on the boat compared to 75 - 100 on the ship sponsored tour. Went to three different sites.

Archived