Cabin Number GTY

carruthers

My wife & I are booked on two back to back NCL cruises.

The second cruise gives us a stateroom number which we can locate on the deck Plan, however the first cruise shows GTY as the stateroom number. What does this mean:confused:

GTY means you signed up for a guarantee cabin rate, which means that your cabin has not been assigned yet. If you want to select a cabin from the deckplans at the time you book your cruise, the cost is higher. Therefore, many people choose a GTY cabin and let the cruiseline choose the cabin for them. It is less expensive.

Evidently, it sounds like they have already selected one cabin but haven't entered the same cabin for the other trip. Speak to your TA and ask them if you will remain in the same cabin. I'm sure you will.

A guarantee room is not a specific room. You book a guarantee and agree to a room in whatever catagory you book or one greater if they decide to move you up to another catagory.

Did you book a guarantee room? If so, the second cruise cabin has been assigned but the first cruise is still under guarantee status and a room will be assigned eventually.

If you didn't book a guarantee and you booked a specific room, I'd call your TA or NCL direct if you booked through them.

Archived