Good thing for travel insurance

LindaandJeff

Well, after 12 - 15 inches of snow here yesterday, our flights are all messed up. Although we were flying out today for a cruise tomorrow, we still may not make it. DH has been on with the airlines and on with the emergency assistance of the travel insurance company since 6:30 AM. Airlines - useless. Travel insurance assistance - very helpful. We still don't have a flight but at least they are trying. We may end up flying part way today and the rest of the way tomorrow. We may have to give up getting to the ship early and have a wonderful lunch on board...but hopefully we will be there in time for sail away!

I strongly feel travel insurance is a must under certain conditions.

If your cruise includes flights, especially in winter, you need insurance.

Seniors, who are more prone to health problems, should always have insurance because Medicare is not available outside the U.S. and the cost of any medical evacuation can be astronomical.

I strongly feel travel insurance is a must under certain conditions.

If your cruise includes flights, especially in winter, you need insurance.

Seniors, who are more prone to health problems, should always have insurance because Medicare is not available outside the U.S. and the cost of any medical evacuation can be astronomical.

Dolphins---How's your weather? They are thinking of flying us to NY today and out of NYC to FLL tomorrow? Are you guys expecting snow?

Good luck to you!!!!

RE TRIP INSURANCE:

I recently had a cruise booked on Princess for April 6, 2008. I got pneumonia on March 5th and was in the hospital for 12 days. During my hospital stay I had another minor health problem crop up and Dr. said absolutely NO flying for at least 6 weeks. There went my cruise out the window. Thanks to the travel insurance I am getting 100% of my money returned. I can't imagine NOT taking out travel insurance.

Winnie

Dolphins---How's your weather? They are thinking of flying us to NY today and out of NYC to FLL tomorrow? Are you guys expecting snow?

You guys should be good flying into any of the area airports in NY/NJ tomorrow....good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Tomorrow Sunday, March 23

03.gif

48° | 28°

P/Sunny

Not Dolphins but the weather is good in NYC. The winds from yesterday gone. Chance of a few showers later upper 40s. Sun tomorrow.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/flights/citywx/07930?from=36hr_fcst_business_trigger

Archived