New to RCCL

Hi everyone. We are going on our first RCCL cruise on 4/5/08 on Liberty of the Seas. Cruised Princess 2x before. I've searched the boards but really didn't find too much info. Anyone been on Liberty that could pass on a few tips. Thanks.

Beverly

Hi everyone. We are going on our first RCCL cruise on 4/5/08 on Liberty of the Seas. Cruised Princess 2x before. I've searched the boards but really didn't find too much info. Anyone been on Liberty that could pass on a few tips. Thanks.

Beverly

What would you like to know? I am surprised that you haven't been able to find much information on the boards as there have been many passengers who have sailed either or both the Liberty and Freedom of the Seas, and the Review boards should offer a lot of good info. Both ships are very similar so anything you read about Freedom pretty much applies to Liberty as well. If you would indicate what kind of information you are looking for specifically, many folks on here can help you. You might also check the RCI website for basic facts about the Freedom class ships.:)

Thanks so much for the review. It was one of the best I've ever read.

Bill- thanks for your advice. On a ship this large do you feel overcrowded? I know there will be certain times and places when there will be a lot of people in one spot. I also had a question about the spa. Do you know if they have thermal stone loungers? Also- anything on this ship that is a must do?

Thanks again-- we are so excited. It's been a rough patch, but we are starting to see the light!

The ice skating show is a must do. We went twice. Even if you don't like the Flow Rider for your personal surfing adventure, go back there and watch for awhile. It is so much fun to watch the antics. Check out the boxing ring in the gym. Maybe you don't want to box, but just go to see it. It is as close as most people ever come to a real boxing ring. Punch the punching bags too.

You know, I never felt really crowded on Freedom and Liberty except possible just before the doors open for the ice skating show. Even that isn't a stampede, because you must have a ticket, so there's no use in going if you don't have one. The parades can get crowded too.

The ship is so big with so many different things to do that people spread out doing their own things. Actually I've felt more crowded on smaller ships such as Majesty of the Seas. On Brilliance in January after the first theater show got out, the people waiting for the second show wouldn't move aside so we could get out. That created a big jam up. But I blame the Cruise Director for scheduling the two shows so closely together.

Archived