Bedding on Princess

bigred4770

My experience has been the only downfall I have with princess is the bedding. Although they are my favourite line (HAL, Celebrity, RCCL being the others) I find there beds terrible. Does anyone know if they are changing these and, more specifically, is the Star Princess is/has been changed before Aug. 2008 - I am going on it to Alaska

Well, that depends on what you are used to. We sailed on the Star in November/December and had one of the new mattresses. Hard as a rock, think cement slab hard. Needed two (2) foam mattress toppers to make it comfortable enough for sleeping. So, if you are used to a very firm mattress, then you will love the new ones. If not, it's back to the foam mattress pads. :(

Was the "new" mattress better than previous princess ones or did you like the other ones better?

I never needed the foam mattresses pads before they replaced the mattresses, so I guess I could say that after sleeping on a nice pillow top mattress at home, we liked the old mattresses much better.

Some love these new ones, but they are just too hard for us. We woke up the first morning with our backs and hips actually hurting like we had spent the night sleeping on a hard wood floor. But that is just us, others, as said, really like them.

Check back as I am sure others will also reply as to what they thought of the new mattresses, some for, some against.

Archived