turning 12yrs during cruise

new2cru

We are considering booking a carnival legend cruise in early Dec. This will be our 3rd cruise. My ds has previously enjoyed the 9-11yr age group on carnival and looks forward to the same activities in our up coming cruise. The legend cruise departs Sunday and my ds will turn 12yr on the Friday (that same week). He is a young 12yr old and I think would fit in well with the 9-11yr age group. What are the policy's when a child changes age during the week of sailing?

I have heard of a new "circle C" group for 12-14yr olds, does anyone have any experience or example activities for this group?

My dd will be 9yrs and will be in the 9-11yr age group. They have always been in seperate age groups for camp carnival and were looking forward to being together for a change.

If we were to book our cruise the following week, what are the chances of "keeping my ds back" in the 9-11yr group?

Would like to get as much info on this before we go ahead and book.

I have never beenon Carnival, however my son turned 9 on RCCL a few years back, and they let him hang with the 10YO group upon request- with the caveat that if he did not behave accordingly, he would have to go down to the 9YO age group..

Carnival will move a child uo an age group if they are within 3 months of birthday. No problem.

Not always "no problem"...people have reported problems on full cruises.

And the OP was asking if the child could *stay* in the younger group (9-11) even though he was turning 12 on the cruise. And to answer that, yes it will be fine for him to do that.

Also, I JUST received in the mail today the copy of the Circle C activities. :D WOOHOOO! So I will be scanning them in the next few days and will post when I upload them. Then you can decide which age to go for.

Archived