Jolly Mon sailing

nic624

Hi all,

With the search function still down, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have ever sailed with Jolly Mon? I was trying to get on the Island Girl, but he is full for the day and recommended sailing/snorkeling on the Jolly Mon. Has anyone sailed with them before? Thanks in advance.

Just bumping this up as I'm hoping someone will see it that has some experience with this company. I have to say that they are very responsive to emails so far which makes me think good things, but I really would like to hear from someone that has sailed with them.

Thanks

Since nobody has responded I will. We took the Jolly Mon a few years ago (been a while - that's why I didn't respond before) and had the time of our lives. Excellent hosts. They pick you up in a dinghy and you enjoy a private (six people only) day sailing! We had nice food, good company, good snorkeling and such a relaxing day. Enjoyed trunk bay and they assisted us in the H2O and pointed out urchins, etc. Best part is it was away from the crowds. We loved it!

We sailed with them last year. Gayle and Gary were excellent hosts and the trip was worth every penny. This winter, Gary passed away. Gayle is still running the business with the help of another person. We are booked for a sailing with her this April. I have no reservations about her abilities or the quality of this excursion.

We just sailed with Gayle and her assistant, Drew on 3/26 for a half day sail. It was WONDERFUL! I would recommend this captain and her beautiful sailboat any day. She was very accomodating and Drew was a great guide in the water. If you have questions, I will try to answer.

• 1 month later...

Last week, my son and I took a half day sailing with Gayle and her assistant, Larry, of Jolly Mon. She met us right at the dock with her dinghy and took us over to her boat. There was a wooden ladder to climb up. I'm not agile at all and had no problem with it. She immediately got out pop and bottled water. We had never snorkeled and I was quite nervous. Gayle explained the equipment and sterilized it. She was so calm and patient and accompanied us the entire time. She took underwater pictures for us with my camera since I was unable to do it. She couldn't have been any more accommodating unless she personally carried me! On the way back she served crackers, cheese & pepperoni and sliced granny smith apples, as well as Jolly Juice to those who wanted it. Her rum punch was the best of the three I had tried on the islands. I would highly recommend Jolly Mon.

I was on the same trip with Carnival Game (HI GUYS!)

I can add that this trip was the highlight of the cruise for me and my two friends who did this trip with Carnival Game and her son. Gayle was very attentive and really gave a personal touch to the experience. I would not hesitate to book her again. We were unlucky that day that there was no wind, so we couldn't experience "sailing" but we did motor along. She seemed genuinely upset by this as she felt that we missed out on something. Really caring person. I had a great time and couldn't have asked for anything more.

"HI" back to you! :)

Yes, it was very personal service. There were five of us on board and Gayle continually addressed each of us by name. It took me a long time to jump in the ocean but had she not been waiting, I probably wouldn't have got in at all. I felt much safer with her there.

We went on the Jolly Mon twice last year in Feb and April. I am very surprised and sad to hear that Gary passed away over the winter. We had two wonderful experiences with Gayle and Gary. They took us to different snorkling locations each time -

Archived