Pre booking tables in speciality restaurants?

aggietd

Hi,

Please can anybody tell me if you can pre book a table in one of the speciality restaurants for a specific night before you go?

We will be having a special occasion onboard and would like to make sure we can get a table in The White Room (Ventura), I thought that if I could prebook it, it would save me the worry, Does anybody think that it is not necessary! I know on RCL you can usually always get a table in the speciality rest at least the day before you want it.

Thanks

Nancy

Yes. You can book a dining package which includes a bottle of wine and a table for 2 in the speciality restaurant.

When your tours brochure arrives this option is in there for my cruise in 6 weeks at the back along with the deluxe occasion packages etc.

dining gift...'notification of dining gift will be delivered to your cabin on embarkation' bottle of cabernet Sauvignon or blanc plus meal for two in (Orchid.)..

Iexpect they will be doing the same for Ventura?

Sue

I see that they do offer bookings of the White Room 3 days prior to sailing on what was the Maiden Cruise (N802). I had not noticed this until now as my eyes "glaze-over" what I consider are the "bad-value-for-money" packages.

However this is tied in with what appears to be an ordinary white or red that presumably you can specify which when you sit down and peruse the menu (£46.50 for two). Assuming £30 supplement for two then the charge for the bottle is £16.50, which on the face of it is not a premium charge.

However, I would prefer to know what nights the formal, semi-formal and smart-casual are and what the planned entertainments are before committing to a date and time. I also prefer to choose my wines and glass and plate match them. Something I will not be able to do until I know what we will be eating.

I will leave it until we board for making the booking and take the wine issue forward when choosing from the menu.

I have booked through the gift collection on the Maiden for the White room .As Marco is on board I think it will be very popular .The cost is just the same ,only downside is its prepaid on your credit card.

Will let you know what it is like when we return

Kay

I see that they do offer bookings of the White Room 3 days prior to sailing on what was the Maiden Cruise (N802). I had not noticed this until now as my eyes "glaze-over" what I consider are the "bad-value-for-money" packages.

However this is tied in with what appears to be an ordinary white or red that presumably you can specify which when you sit down and peruse the menu (£46.50 for two). Assuming £30 supplement for two then the charge for the bottle is £16.50, which on the face of it is not a premium charge.

However, I would prefer to know what nights the formal, semi-formal and smart-casual are and what the planned entertainments are before committing to a date and time. I also prefer to choose my wines and glass and plate match them. Something I will not be able to do until I know what we will be eating.

I will leave it until we board for making the booking and take the wine issue forward when choosing from the menu.

But Derek, I think you can decide on the evening you wish to book when you get onboard! This 'gift Vcr' is all it is .... 'a promise to eat in the White room' When you get to your cabin your vcr will be waiting you can then find out which evenings are formal etc and take your 'vcr' to the restaurant manager and book a table on the night you want...

same with wine, decide when seated and food ordered.... if you choose a premium wine over and above the set one in the 'vcr' I bet that would be ok with them.... if all this gift vcr' does is secure you a table in the white room, then its done its Job,

Sue

got TA to phone P&O to book ARCADIA RHODES for our cruise in july,the reply from P&O was no can do,got to book when you get on board:D

yes, I know . the gift collection vcr is only for The Orchid on Arcadia,

Sue

Hi

Yes I was a bit annoyed at having to pay in advance without my 7.5% discount.We are allowed to upgrade the wine which we will be doing .We have just secured a table and can change the date when we get on board.

regards kay:)

Archived