yoga classes

cruzisme

There is a charge per class. When I went it was $8. Someone else can give you a more current price. What I found difficult was that the class clashed with my excursions. I thought that a class time on port days between sail away and dinner and show times.

When I sailed on the Volendam last Spring the cost per class for yoga was $11. They had a special price with a slight discount if you signed up for the whole cruise. It turned out not to be a bargain because the time of the classes changed from day to day and often conflicted with shore time or was scheduled so close to the dinner hour that you could not do yoga and still clean up and be ready for dinner.

I have found that the classes are generally more strenuous than a beginner would enjoy but might do well for someone who regularly practices yoga. In one class I pulled a muscle and the instructor was excellent in how he responded to my problem and followed up with me to be sure I was ok.

I did not do the yoga classes on the Volendam on our November cruise beause as someone who has done yoga for several years I found that the classes that I took on past cruises were not really "worth" the $11 they charged. My view is that if you are a dedicated "yogi" just grab a mat on your own when there are no other classes going on and do your own routine. However, for someone who wants to see what yoga is all about it is worth it to take a class or two to see if it is something you would like rather than paying the big bucks at home to join a gym or a yoga studio. (And always keep in mind that it is OK to stop and rest instead of pushing yourself to the point of injury) That said they do offer a morning (or sometimes afternoon stretch) which is free. I thought it was excellent (at least it was on my last cruise - all depends on the instructor). It was basically a yoga stretch class rather than a power yoga class which you might find in a more traditional yoga class.

I have found that the classes are generally more strenuous than a beginner would enjoy but might do well for someone who regularly practices yoga.

Really? I went to a yoga class on Celebrity, and my experience was exactly the opposite--it was a very light stretching practice that definitely didn't offer much for anyone with yoga experience.

Really? I went to a yoga class on Celebrity, and my experience was exactly the opposite--it was a very light stretching practice that definitely didn't offer much for anyone with yoga experience.

HAL class was the same, mostly breathing and stretching. No sun salutations or true poses.

It was 11 per class and one was enough. IMO, it would be inadequate for any even semi serious yogi and not even up to most gym yoga classes.

Archived