NCL Pearl: The Mysterious Deck 5

jherrin3

Just booked our family's first cruise to Alaska on the Pearl in 2009!

We needed to save some $$, so I booked us in an ee category room on deck 5. On the ship's map the rooms stop about 2/3 of the way back with a big empty space on deck 5 from there to the aft. Does anyone know what's in that space?? Seems mysterious to me that they don't label on the decks what is there (or do I really want to know???):eek:

Just Curious,

ChoirGuy

We were on deck 5 on the Jewel, and I'm pretty sure there are crew cabins back there. One thing you'll want to be aware of is that since you can't get to the aft elevators from deck 5, it can take a little navigating to get to any of the public areas located in the aft section of the ship. If you're trying to get to the aft main restaurant, you'll need to go up to deck 7, then go aft, and then back down to deck 6.

It's not a big deal, but it does end up feeling like "you can't get there from here". Have a wonderful time. We sailed on the Pearl to Alaska last summer and wish we were going again!

It could also be a maintenance area--perhaps where they store luggage at the beginning and end of the cruise.

We loved this ship. Our favorite area was the outdoor bar and buffet area on the aft of the ship behind the main buffet. We loved sitting there at the end of the evening before turning in. DH enjoyed seeing the two flatscreen tv sets at end end of the bar area to catch up on all the scores. I enjoyed my late night cup of tea under the stars with very few people around.

Archived