New Cruiser Questions

stampincarolina

This is our first cruise, and we are really looking forward to it. I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me with. We are sailing March 30th on the Dawn Princess.

1. Is there snorkel gear on the beaches in Cabo to rent?

2. Is there dancing at night on the ship? If so, what kind of music?

3. Is there any way to see the Pitter Patter before we board? I have seen some posts where people are looking at theres from a sailing next year.

4. Can we book excursions on the ship?

5. Has anyone done the tequila tour in Mazatlan? Any comments on it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have found this board to be the most informative place, and thought you all might be able to help.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Sorry to say that the ocean water temps in Cabo are currently mid to low 60"s. Too cold for snorkeling unless you have a bit of polar bear in you. Most snorkeling trips are done by catamaran's like Pez Gato, Tropicat, etc. There is some limited snorkeling by Lover's Beach that you could get to by water taxi (not sure about gear though). The catamaran's all provide gear and most also include lunch as well as an open bar (AFTER SNORKELING).

Have a great cruise.

4. Yes

5. To me, the tequila tour is more of a sales pitch. The tour was informative and the tequila samples were excellent.

Sorry to say that the ocean water temps in Cabo are currently mid to low 60"s. Too cold for snorkeling unless you have a bit of polar bear in you. Most snorkeling trips are done by catamaran's like Pez Gato, Tropicat, etc. There is some limited snorkeling by Lover's Beach that you could get to by water taxi (not sure about gear though). The catamaran's all provide gear and most also include lunch as well as an open bar (AFTER SNORKELING).

Have a great cruise.

Hee Hee Hee, actually, I think it is funny that everyone says how cold the water is. We live in Wa state and we go swimming, skiing, etc in the summer and the water is around 58*. My kids will play in the canal in the spring time when it is in the 40's. Mid to high 60's is just fine for me. Thanks!!!

4. Yes

5. To me, the tequila tour is more of a sales pitch. The tour was informative and the tequila samples were excellent.

Ok, so that is kinda what I thought. I am a tequila LOVER! I think it would be awesome to see how it is made, and all the different types there are. And, I am sure I will end up buying some, heck, I will be in Mexico, what is a trip to Mexico with out getting Tequila!!! thanks for the comment!

Ok, so that is kinda what I thought. I am a tequila LOVER! I think it would be awesome to see how it is made, and all the different types there are. And, I am sure I will end up buying some, heck, I will be in Mexico, what is a trip to Mexico with out getting Tequila!!! thanks for the comment!

We have found that one of the better places to buy Tequila in Cabo is a store called La Europa (they have a very large selection) in the shopping mall. Figure on saving 40-50% over stateside prices. Exceptions being products like Cabo Wabo which is really not as good as the price suggests. Think I paid about $22 for a bottle of Gran Centrino Reposado.

Also, there is a Wal Mart with good prices in PV within walking distance of the pier. Not sure of the selection though.

Just know your stateside prices and if you are saving 40-50% then you are doing well.

A note about customs. Officially, you are allowed 1 bottle each I believe. In my experience, it is rarely enforced. We brought back 3 bottles in February with no problems. Just be honest and claim everything. Chances are, you will pass right through customs. That does not mean to bring back 20 bottles however. Even if you did have to pay the extra duty, you would have still saved a fair amount of money over stateside prices.

By the way, I hope your loving Tequila means drinking it the right way (sipping) and not slamming shooters or mixing in margaritas. For that, any average Tequila will do. If you spend the money for good Tequila, take the time to enjoy it.

This is our first cruise, and we are really looking forward to it. I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me with. We are sailing March 30th on the Dawn Princess.

1. Is there snorkel gear on the beaches in Cabo to rent?

2. Is there dancing at night on the ship? If so, what kind of music?

3. Is there any way to see the Pitter Patter before we board? I have seen some posts where people are looking at theres from a sailing next year.

Sorry for all the questions, but I have found this board to be the most informative place, and thought you all might be able to help.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Our friends did the tequila tour last year and said they had a horrible time. :eek: My DH and I did Randy's Happy Horses and had a great time:D But we like horses better than Tequila .:D

We live in Washington state as well and still find the water way too cold to snorkle in Cabo in the spring! Maybe a quick dip to cool off but that is it. We also go in October when the water temps are in the 80's. That's what we like!:)

Have a great cruise!

Archived