Handicapp Problem

TBatt30

I'm also posting this on the Carnival Boards, hoping someone can help. Thanks!

Help! My parents are taking a European cruise w/ RCI leaving this weekend, well maybe! My mother has MS and is in a wheelchair. They reserved a handicapped cabin and even was assigned a cabin. When they received their paperwork last week, someone upgraded them. However, not to another handicapped cabin. She needs a handicapped cabin. She has called her travel agent (a large agency) numerous times only to be given a run around. Today, they called to say a manager was working on it diligently but had no answer. They would not let her speak to the manager even though she requested. She has e-mailed RCI about the problem and has had no response. Can anyone help us? What should she do?

May I also suggest having the TA get RCCL on the line and your Mom (or Dad) to discuss the situation on a conference call.

I'm not certain what stage your Mom's MS is in and how mobile she is (and I am not trying to pry). Some cabins (the larger ones) have a fair bit of room (as a friend of ours has MS and travels in some suites/mini suites and does quite well in them).

I hope everything works out well for your parents.

My Wife has MS. and uses a scooter when we cruise....we could do it in a regular cabin because she has limited mobility and her scooter is small enough to get into the door but in the past we have Booked a HC room and always recieved it.......But if you say you need a HC room..... you need a HC room....

Keep screaming! and I hope your Parents have a wonderful cruise.......

Thank you all for your suggestions & comments. After 9 days of e-mails and phone calls with the TA and RCCL, we finally got a handicapped cabin. We delt with the Special Needs Department at RCCL, the TA and tonight I called the Corporate Office! WE probably should have gotten them involved a few days ago. Thanks again, Mom is packing!:p :p :p :p

Archived