Best Spa Treatments on CB?

dankevork

I would love to get my wife pre-booked for spa treatments when we get on board as a surprise, but I do not know which is the best one to choose. I realize that a lot is personal preference, however she just likes to be pampered (and I do not like to totally break the bank). So....suggestions please :confused:

I would love to get my wife pre-booked for spa treatments when we get on board as a surprise, but I do not know which is the best one to choose. I realize that a lot is personal preference, however she just likes to be pampered (and I do not like to totally break the bank). So....suggestions please :confused:

A pedicure always is nice:) , we all like our feet to look great, but be sure she hasn't had one right before you leave. Not knowing your wife...maybe a massage?

Jan

Depending on the spa (I've not used cruise spas, only land-based), the facial is usually my first choice if only getting one service. Some spas include neck, shoulder and hand massage in with the facial treatment (while some cremes etc. are at work on your face, they'll give relaxing massage to other areas). Also, the facial might involve steam and various creams with different feels to them (cool, warming) or aromas (eucalyptus, chocolate).

Second choice, though high on the list, would be the pedicure (as it should also involve some degree of foot massage, and maybe even a parrafin dip).

Here's a hint I've read about the Princess spa -- take the advertised spa tour on the first day. They apparently give out a few prizes (treatments or big discounts) to participants, and not many people go. Or so I've read.

I've also read that at the last art auction, the spa will auction off treatments, and will stop bidding at some price and allow anyone who wants the service to sign up at that price. (again, or so I've read)

Lastly, if instead of booking in advance, if you go to the spa on a port day for a service you can probably get a discount.

By the way, how NICE of you to consider this for your wife! A lovely surprise. :) Enjoy your cruise!

I loved the hot stone massage. It's pricey, but in my opinion, wonderful. I get a massage every week due to a bad back, but the hot stone massage is different and very relaxing. There is a 50 minute one that's not advertised much that's cheaper than the 75 minute one.

Joan

They also have "Ladies Night" that you get a coupple of treatments at a discounted price. It's always more economical to wait until on board to book spa appointments. That said, they always have "port day specials" as well, so you could book something for a port day. You can always just do a gift card and let her pick what treatment she would like.

Archived