Monarch of Seas Inside Cabin vs. Outside

rjf32

I have booked a 4 day cruise in May and as of right now we have an inside cabin. We booked this to save on some money. It looks like we can get a room with a window for $20-30 more. On our last cruise we had a balcony on the Navigator of the Seas and didn't feel like we used it that much. We didn't spend all that much time in our room. What are your opinions and experiences with inside vs. window rooms?

I have booked a 4 day cruise in May and as of right now we have an inside cabin. We booked this to save on some money. It looks like we can get a room with a window for $20-30 more. On our last cruise we had a balcony on the Navigator of the Seas and didn't feel like we used it that much. We didn't spend all that much time in our room. What are your opinions and experiences with inside vs. window rooms?

After 2 Monarch cruises I could do an inside cabin and go cheaper. I had OVs before and you really aren't in your room that much. To "enjoy" the oceanview you have get on your knees on the bed and look out. It really isn't that comfortable. I'd rather enjoy a walk on the deck to enjoy the views or when coming into port. IMHO that is. On the other hand for a longer cruise I prefer OV or balcony.;)

Compare....

Inside 119 sq ft. No window.

Oceanview 122 sq ft. Window.

If you're trying to budget, its totally up to you whether a window and 3 more square feet is worth it. However, if you decide on the window cabin, get one on deck 5 or 6, not deck 7. Deck 7 is the promenade and people can walk by and look in your windows, so you'd have to keep the drapes closed if you wanted privacy. In that case, you might as well stick with an inside.

(Personally, I prefer window at the least (most often now we get balcony), but everyone has their own reasons for window, balcony, inside.)

Have you ever sailed on the Monarch? She has tiny cabins for inside, outside. That being said, I also would think about where the cabin is located. I love the Monarch and I've done inside and outside on most decks. I did not like deck 2 at all. Also, we once had an outside deck 8 cabin that was only a view of the anchor and the noise from it. No fun. Check the deck plans. You really don't spend that much time in your cabin and you can always go to Windjammer, Boleros, poolside, etc. to watch outside. A plus with an inside cabin is that it's always dark with the lights on and you can really some good sleep, no sunshine waking you up. However, some people feel a little claustrophobic without a view. Choose what works for you. However, just know that the cabins are tiny. You will be surprised after being on the Navigator. Robin :cool:

Just back form MOS and was on level 4 and the window was basically useless, Had to climb over bed to look out and the window was so small. So i would save the 30$ and take inside. But the owrst day on a cruise is still great.

Whether you do an inside or outside.......on the lower decks...the cabins are small.......and the port holes.........are just as advertised.

On deck 9, there are Deluxe cabins.........larger.......and some have obstruted views of a life boat............and then you get to deck 10.....where the balconies begin.........with Junior Suites.........and above.

I hope that this gives you what you are looking for on the Monarch.

She is a great ship for many of us.

Rick

Just back form MOS and was on level 4 and the window was basically useless, Had to climb over bed to look out and the window was so small. So i would save the 30$ and take inside. But the owrst day on a cruise is still great.

you mean you didn't get any natural daylight thru the window making it worthless? :eek:

We've been in both and it is definitely worth it to have the outside cabin. Not even caring about the window and natural light, but the extra square footage is a bit larger closet and more drawer space. Plus probably another foot or two to stand up.

The cabins are so small we have had the beds separated. There is absolutely no floor space at all when the beds are together, just a foot or so on the sides of the bed. Somne of the configurations are that the bed is shoved up under the window (or wall if an inside) and one person has to climb over the other to get out of bed. With the beds separated, you have a little more than 2 feet in between them, space that is needed when more than one person is in the cabin.

It's really like living in a walk-in closet :)

We've had an obstructed OV and inside and have 2 more cruises booked on the Monarch, one in each category. If there is not much price difference, we prefer the obstructed OV (Category I) for a little more room and sunlight. We also like the location. You may find a Category I is only $10-20 per person more, or it could be $60 per person more. Depends on the week. I suggest pricing an I.

BTW, be aware that OV on Decks 2 and 3 are portholes, not full windows.

Since Monarch does the shorter crusies my opinion is that the window is not necassary. We are going on Monarch in a few weeks. The 4 night cruise has a port everyday...so we will either be at port or throughout the ship enjoying ourselves...not much time to enjoy the view from our window...so we chose to save the $ and go inside

Archived