Summit 7177 vs 6143

gorettilam

Is it worth to upgrade the cabin from 7177 (2B) to 6143 (CC) if there is US$470 more?

As I know, both cabins have bigger balconies than same class cabins. Please help me to choose which one is better value of the money.

P.S. I am going to book Summit Classical Med. 12nights itinerary.

First, only you know what is important for you and your pocketbook. However the CC cabin is 20 square feet larger and this is noticible. The balcony of 7177 is indeed larger, but the 6143 balcony is far larger. I personally like the CC room service breakfast and have enjoyed it on 6143 to the point that the only time I hit the buffet is for the waffles. If 6143 is available, personally I would take it.:D

Hi

Remember you will be in Europe on an intense Port Stop Itinery -how much time will you spend in your cabin?

Having stayed mostly in CC I would say $470 is not good value.

Just my opinion.

Hi

Remember you will be in Europe on an intense Port Stop Itinery -how much time will you spend in your cabin?

Having stayed mostly in CC I would say $470 is not good value.

Just my opinion.

6143 is absolutely fantastic. It is tucked in between all the suites, so your attendant is the same as the suites, and they usually are the elite of the attendants. We had this cabin on Constellation and we loved it. All the little CC perks, the balcony is at least 3 times larger than any others as it has to join up with the suite balconies, and it is teak wood. We paid $500 more pp for this cabin on our New England/Canada cruise and couldn't have been more pleased. We really felt pampered and special.

The only drawback, if there is one, is that it is a long walk to the rear of the ship. But with all we were eating, we needed the exercise.

I loved 6143. The balcony was worth it. Not only is it super large, it is wood which is much easier on the feet :) I really liked the location, it kind of made you feel special tucked in by all the upper suites. Actually we were in 6145 I think it was, the one back by the Penthouse (but they are identical)

Is it worth $500? that is up to you. It would be worth it to me. That's about $42 a day. Hmm, now that I look at it that way..... I would upgrade in a heartbeat. Sitting out on that deck is priceless! I've had aft and regular CC, nothing short of a suite is as good as this as far as atmosphere.

enjoy whichever way you choose.

Duane

If it were me, I would stay in 7177 and use the $$$$ for your tours. I always book a verandah cabin because I am a little claustrophobic. On my Med. cruise I only went and sat on it twice, when I got the flu in Turkey and stayed in to get better. The other time was saying Au Revoir to Nice. It is a busy cruise unless you don't go anywhere.

Decisions, decisions....

Bon Voyage

gore---, We wre in 7178, right across on starbord. The balcony is very comfortable, not huge but we had 2 deck charis, a table and a lounge. Our cabin steward, Nic was excellent. I think you would have another steward beomg on port side, but I met him and passengers in your cabin were delighted with his service. I have to say that 7178 was over the penthouse suites which gave us more room and since their was a canopy over their room we felt like we had more room looking over our balcony. However our room was just a deluxe balcony and while the stroage for all your baggage is great, you do have to squeeze between the bed and wall to get from one side of the cabin to the other. I hope this helps. I'd love to hear a response, Laurie

Enquiste,

Actually, we originally plan to hv our this yr and booked the 7178 already. However, we're not able to have our cruising this yr and postpone to 2009. Thanks for your advice. I've just called the TA and booked the 7177. :)

gore---, We wre in 7178, right across on starbord. The balcony is very comfortable, not huge but we had 2 deck charis, a table and a lounge. Our cabin steward, Nic was excellent. I think you would have another steward beomg on port side, but I met him and passengers in your cabin were delighted with his service. I have to say that 7178 was over the penthouse suites which gave us more room and since their was a canopy over their room we felt like we had more room looking over our balcony. However our room was just a deluxe balcony and while the stroage for all your baggage is great, you do have to squeeze between the bed and wall to get from one side of the cabin to the other. I hope this helps. I'd love to hear a response, Laurie

Archived