Just off AOS -Review

I thought I would take the time to post my review of the AOS. We were on from March 9-16.

Previouse Cruises: Disney Wonder, Radiance OS

SHIP: The ship was beautiful - very clean and did not look its age at all. We did find it big compared to the the ROS. And I think I like the open centrum and large amount of glass on the Radiance a bit better.

CABIN: 9606 (JS) - great for us and the 2 kids - love the walk in closet! Will book a JS again.

Favourite places on-board: Johnny Rockets, Mini Golf - Portofino -my balcony!

CREW: Very polite - wait staff seemed to rush a bit (second dining) and we didn;t get those extra personal touches you sometimes do, but nothing to cmplain about really. Wait staff at Portofino was fantastic.

Cruise director - Mike (fellow Canadian) was great!

Food: Overall much better than on the Radiance. I was a bit disappointed there is no Chops but the filet at Portofino is amazing. Curious why Johnny Rockets charges but the Seaview Cafe of Radiance does not...

Entertainment: Bealtemania was amazing....overall really great. Ice show was neat, but a bit on the Cheesy side theme wise.....

Ports:

Aruba - Jolly Pirates great!

Cuacua- Beautiful - went to the aquarium beach. Snorkelled on the other side of the breakwall. Amazing

St. Maarten. - Loved it - went to Little Bay ( Little Divi Resort) very, very nice. Bought a watch - great deals...

St. Thomas - Nice views -Was a dissapointed with Magen's Bay..(dirty with leaves) crowded..just not as nice as Curacuo and St. Maarten.

Adventure Ocean. These people are amazing. Our kids loved it!

"Local Flare" - were there PR onboard - of course - did it bother us in anyway - of course not!

Any questions - just ask!

Next Cruise.

VOS - March 8 - 2009

No - we only saw two in the elevator...

The one thisng I failed to mention is that on the AOS we did "at times feel" the extra 700 or so passengers compared the the ROS. The main times were waiting for an elevator at dinner. But not a big deal really...

Hi We are sailing on AOS in July with our DS age 7. Did your children go with the AO to Johnny Rockets for tea. Can you remember the days and the times of this please - just trying to plan our evening.

Thank you for you review

Hi We are sailing on AOS in July with our DS age 7. Did your children go with the AO to Johnny Rockets for tea. Can you remember the days and the times of this please - just trying to plan our evening.

They took the kids for dinner on the formal nights - Monday and Thursday I believe. We had to sign them up the day of by noon and drop them off at Johnny Rockets at 6:00. Thursday was also PJ night.

They also had a circus and pirate night. Great staff - the kids loved "Hot Dog" a staff member from Mexico...

Do you remember if or when the spa had the Ladies special?

They had a "mix and match" special in the salon area and a couples package. They also offered some small discounts on port days. My wife had a pedicure and massage and while it was ok - she was underwhelmed...

Thank you - whats PJ night? Also what time do they keep them till with the trip to johnny Rockets - we are on late dinning.

pJ night = Pyjamma night for the kids. They are open until 10 pm. After 10 there is a minimal charge. We had late dining and were there around 10:15 most nights.

pJ night = Pyjamma night for the kids. They are open until 10 pm. After 10 there is a minimal charge. We had late dining and were there around 10:15 most nights.

Woa, that's a relief.... With all the food cutbacks I was thinking Peanut Butter & Jelly!

Nice review....we love divi bay as well. We have tried Orient and Maho and like the resort as well as how calm and beautiful the beach is.

You were disappointed in Magens bay???? Did they just have a storm before you came or do you think they keep it like that all the time? I was actually looking to go there the morning of our day in St. Thomas. We have already been to Trunk Bay in St. John and Sapphire Beach (wasn't impressed).

My friends and I just got back from AOS March 16-23rd. I'm slightly resenting the comments about spring breakers that you all like to make as we were spring breakers, well behaved and no one had a problem with us, in fact most older people on the cruise enjoyed talking to us.

Dining: We had the second seating table 273, our waiter Hernando and assistant Victor were AMAZING! Loved them, they were so nice and very thoughtful. Victor by the second night I just had to look at him around dessert and he went and got my hot cocoa, never had to ask again. :) The food was delicious. Some people on this board had the lobster night wrong though, it is not on a formal night. Our lobster tail was served on Friday night. Johnny Rockets was DELICIOUS, we went one day at lunch and it was so yummy. We were full until dinner that evening at 8:30!

Room: We had an interior room for the 3 of us, worked out great. As we are 3 girls that overpack there was MORE then enough room for us to get our things put away. The shower was a problem for 2 nights. I pretty much came seconds away from burning my skin 1 night. I finally had to hop out of the shower with conditioner in my hair and threw a towel on to ask my friends if they could fix the temp. They were shocked at how red my arms were (and I love hot showers but this was ridiculous) and the girls couldn't believe how hot the temp was. Finally got the temp down and then had no water pressure. My friend was the last of the 3 of us to shower and she had ice cold water and no pressure. After complaining 2 times about it, the shower was fixed and later on in the week we each got 30% off our next cruise.

Entertainment: Cool Art Hot Ice was awesome. It was really the only show we went to, as we wanted to get up early every morning to enjoy each port we were the college students that were losers and went to bed early each night. Quest was great! My friend Andrea was one of the captains for our team and we won silver that night. The love and marriage show was hilarious and then fountains after that was the funniest thing I had ever seen. I was bad and taped a little of it when fountains aired again on the TV. :o The Men v Woman Battle of the Sexes...the girls won AGAIN for the 15th week in a row. My friends and I were participating a ton in that. (If anyone was at the show I was the girl that had the Mobile Oil Sign question :D )

Ports:

Aruba: We went horse back riding, as we all have been riding for over 10 years. We loved it, we got to gallop on the beach which was amazing. Though the girls and I thought that the non experienced people that have never ridden shouldn't have been allowed to go on the gallop with us as some almost fell off.

Curacao: We went on the Discover Curacao tour and our guide was AMAZING! We had a great time. I loved this island it is so beautiful, Plus it helps that I am Dutch and got my friends and I some great deals by speaking Dutch to the people!

St. Maarten: Everything was closed as it was Good Friday. We took the Water taxi ($6 all day as many times as you wanted) and stopped at the first stop, beautiful beach there and we rented jet skis.

St. Thomas: Do NOT go to Blackbeards Castle....it is more like a tower and it sucked. Not worth the money. The shopping was good...not great, and it was mostly jewelry stores.

Overall we had a great time! Class is about to start so I will write more later!

Nice review....we love divi bay as well. We have tried Orient and Maho and like the resort as well as how calm and beautiful the beach is.

You were disappointed in Magens bay???? Did they just have a storm before you came or do you think they keep it like that all the time? I was actually looking to go there the morning of our day in St. Thomas. We have already been to Trunk Bay in St. John and Sapphire Beach (wasn't impressed).

Well - Magens bay had been so hyped I gues we were expecting more. There had not been a storm, It is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but Little bay was quieter and the beach was wider. Magens bay is very long, bud not very deep. As a result it felt crowded. You can't top the views on the drive there, but I would look to go somewhere else next time.

Archived