Sunset Jamaica Grand vs. Sunset Beach Resort

fikkstix5

Is there a difference between these two resorts. We have two families going on the Voyager next week and we would like to take a taxi to Sunset Beach and purchase a day pass.

I am confused as to whether the Sunset Jamaica Grand and Sunset Beach Resort are the same or different places? If they are different, which is better for kids (ages 4, 5, 6, 7, &10)

Thanks for your help!:)

Sunset Beach Resort is in Mo Bay, and I think Sunset Grand is in Ocho Rios. So it depends on where your ship is docking. If you are going to Mo Bay, you are 1/2 a mile from Sunset Beach Resort. I haven't been to the other, but Sunset Beach is GREAT for all ages of kids. They have a small but nice waterpark there and all of the bars have machines with non-alcoholic frozen drinks in them. I've taken my kids several times and we all love it. It's very safe (gated with security) and clean, too.

The port area is very secure with gates and guards. You will catch your cab within that area. I highly recommend you don't leave that gated area with your children except in a JUTA cab. I'm told those are the only cabs allowed inside the gated port area, anyway. When you arrive at Sunset Beach, you will be taken into another gated area which surrounds the resort and the beach. The driver will ask you if you want him to return for you at a certain, and he will be out there waiting for you if you say yes and give him a time. When you go through "security" at Sunset Beach, they WILL take your ships card from you. This is their common practice. They will return it to you when you go back through security upon leaving. There will be a bunch of cabs waiting outside of Sunset Beach later in the day. Make sure you go back with your driver if arranged (believe me, he will recognize you) or take a JUTA cab back. As suggested above, make sure you are clear on the price before you get in.

Archived