Need Info About The Penthouse Suite On The Millennium!!!!

msbeaurivage

It's absolutely huge with enough space to satisfy anyone. There's a large foyer as you first walk in and to the left is the bedroom/dressing area/ bathroom. To the right is the dining room/living room. The dining table seats 8 people and your butler will serve all room service meals on that table. There's a plasma TV in both the living room and bedroom. The suite has two full bathrooms, one with both a shower and jacuzzi tub and the other with a shower. There's also a butler's pantry with a full size refrigerator that your butler will fill with things like fruit and cheese, water and soda. The verandah is huge with a wet bar, large umbrella table, lots of lounge chairs and a hot tub.

The frig in the butlers pantry is indeed full-sized (although it did have some pay for it stuff in it we never got crowded). It also has a cold water/ice spigot on the outside of the door. The drawer where you normally put your vedies was filled with champagne and wine glasses. These are the normal ones you see at the bar. In one of the cupboards were crystal glasses. Our butler almost had a heart attack when folks at our sailaway grabbed some of these. Apparently, the butler owns them and if they get taken or broken it comes out of his pocket. Lastly, in the butler suite were two bottles of booze. My understanding is if you don't like the selection they will swich them.

The living area is dark if you don't know how to control the lights and drapes. Unfortunately, they tried to out techno everyone on this so make sure you get a basic lesson (and probably repeat lesson) on this. Three buttons to open the drapes?

Speaking of drapes, the verandah has a hatch hidden behind the "garden". The head houskeeper would come up about every other day to spray the salt off the verandah. Keep in mind if you are going to be "less dressed" during the day. You might actually end up killing the poor guy (ours was a 70+ year old Greek that everyone wanted to hug).

What else? Lets see, on the verandah are two excersise machines, a treadmill and a bike. The verandah has about 6 feet of awning all the way around for both privacy and weather (goes over the outsize jacuzzi). There is probably chairs for about twenty people outside and another 14 inside. The sound system inside also has speakers to the verandah that can be controlled from the outside bar.

There are probably a dozen things I'm missing but should give you a good idea.

Tonja, we are looking into this ship also and just today gaining info about her. I did find out that the early spring and fall are the less expensive times to go and October they say is the best. I purchased a book on Italy traveling and it has given me so much info I can't tell you. We are looking for Sept. or Oct. of 2005 but we have 4 other couples going so it is not up to me as of right now when we sail. Plus we are looking at the flight prices since we go out of Tampa, FL. Good luck and email me some of thos pics I would love to see them since I am waiting for my book to lkook over. My email address is flpctt@aol.com.

Thanks

TT

Also any suggestions on rooms........like I heard this one is small or noisy. Any info is appreciated since this will be our first Celebrity cruise (but not our first cruise)

I've stayed in the PS of all four M-class ships and I can honestly say that they are the best at sea. Can any of you think of any better suite on a cruise ship? Yes, I've tried the Duplex on the QM2 and the Garden Villa on NCL and of course the PS on Crystal, but they still can't compete with the PS on the M-class. They always gave us free alcohol, sodas, water, and sometimes even free Internet. Almost all needs are attended for. The room is very technologically advanced with the best bathrooms, televisions, and sound systems. The balcony is just great! The only thing missing is free caviar.

Adam

Thinking about getting a Penthouse Suite for our next cruise on the Millennium. Can anybody tell me about what to expect from the room?

Thanks alot.

Tonja:cool:

spending the same or similar amount on a standard room on a luxury line, such as Seabourn. there are those who have said that a cruise in a standard outside suite on a Seabourn cruise is ten times better than the best room on a mass market ship.

About a year ago I went on the Seabourn board here and asked that very question:

How does the room, service, overall experience compare on Seabourn to a Penthouse Suite on Celebrity?

I was just bashed, raked thru the coals, called a troll etc. on this thread I started on the Seabourn side. So, I wont even broach that subject again. I stay away from the Seabourn boards.

I am very happy with Celebrity in the Penthouse Suites and in my opinion the "experience" could never be bested by another line. I get such great customer service and attention on Celebrity that it would only be downhill on another ship, luxury liner or not.

I have never seen Seabourn's suites but I cant imagine them more luxurious or spacious than the Millies Penthouse Suites.

Who knows, maybe someday RCL will acquire Seabourn and I will be cruising with them.

Cant wait for my May 1st 05 Transatlantic on the Mille PS to Barcelona.

idssms

I have cruised Seabourn and have been in the PH on the Summit and there are indeed differences. The PH on the Summit is much larger than any of the suites on Seabourn and the verandah is gigantic when compared to the tiny, tiny verandahs on the largest Seabourn suite. But, food and service on Seabourn is much, much better than on Celebrity. The reason is that Seabourn only deals with 200 passengers while Celebrity has 9 times that number. The food and service on Seabourn is the very best cruising has to offer.

Kitty:

I really dont want to overkill this topic again as I did last year but,,, with a suite on Celeb you get a butler and he is basically in the PS at your beck and call for the entire cruise. The Hotel Manager and his asst visit you in your suite if you get to know them. The social hostess makes several social calls to the suite and just keeps asking if there is anything you need.

I just dont know how the service could be better on any other cruise line.

On the last cruise (9/4/04, transatlantic) my wife and I were invited over (on the Penthouse Deck, down the hall from us on the opposite side) to the Captains Private Quarters for drinks. He has a very nice office with ajoining dining area and bedroom. His suite is located outside the bridge door in the secured area.

I tried to relay my experiences to the Seabourn folks and they insisted that its better there,,,, but ,,, in my opinion (and in deference to Celebrity) it cant be better than the service I get.

Floridaman, idssms

About a year ago I went on the Seabourn board here and asked that very question:

How does the room, service, overall experience compare on Seabourn to a Penthouse Suite on Celebrity?

I was just bashed, raked thru the coals, called a troll etc. on this thread I started on the Seabourn side. So, I wont even broach that subject again. I stay away from the Seabourn boards.

I am very happy with Celebrity in the Penthouse Suites and in my opinion the "experience" could never be bested by another line. I get such great customer service and attention on Celebrity that it would only be downhill on another ship, luxury liner or not.

I have never seen Seabourn's suites but I cant imagine them more luxurious or spacious than the Millies Penthouse Suites.

Who knows, maybe someday RCL will acquire Seabourn and I will be cruising with them.

Cant wait for my May 1st 05 Transatlantic on the Mille PS to Barcelona.

idssms

I have a recollection of your experience, if you are the member involved that I think you are. What transpired in the Seabourn board, as you relate it, was very unfortunate and is certainly NOT typical of the exchanges that I have read and participated in on that board. However, as I recall there was concern at the time on that board that you were being, shall we say, less than honest and sincere regarding your interest in Seabourn. If that was not you, I apologize.

I have cruised Seabourn and have been in the PH on the Summit and there are indeed differences. The PH on the Summit is much larger than any of the suites on Seabourn and the verandah is gigantic when compared to the tiny, tiny verandahs on the largest Seabourn suite. But, food and service on Seabourn is much, much better than on Celebrity. The reason is that Seabourn only deals with 200 passengers while Celebrity has 9 times that number. The food and service on Seabourn is the very best cruising has to offer.

Certainly if msbeaurivage's reason for choosing a cruise is based on the size of her room, I would absolutely encourage her to book the PH on Summit. However, if she is choosing a cruise based on the overall experience, Seabourn beats the pants off any room on X.

Scamper, That was indeed me!!

I was being totally honest. I am not sure what happened but why would I want to lie??

I may have joked a round a bit when others were hammering me but my first post was absolutely sincere. I wanted to see the big difference between the 2.

I would end up spending about the same amount of money (PS with all the tips Butler, versus a cabin on Seabourn) and thought I would give Seabourn a try. After my wife saw the nasty, insulting, degrading responses I got to my post I could never get her to go on Seabourn. She was highly insulted. They said I was a lier, troll and uneducated since my grammer and spelling were poor... Well, I used to write a lot of letters and memos for a living before retiring this Aug and although I sometimes dont edit, I can hold my own.

I have been posting on my celebrity boards and the gallery since and have not had one problem. So, it was unfortunate but thats life.

Maybe in the future I can get Susan to experience a so called luxury liner and compare.

Heres to Celebrity,,

idssms now living in FL

Ranking just accommodations, the Celebrity PH.

Ranking total cruise experience... goodness...........

Seabourn....hands down.

You just can't compare the two cruise experiences.

Scamper, That was indeed me!!

I was being totally honest. I am not sure what happened but why would I want to lie??

I may have joked a round a bit when others were hammering me but my first post was absolutely sincere. I wanted to see the big difference between the 2.

I would end up spending about the same amount of money (PS with all the tips Butler, versus a cabin on Seabourn) and thought I would give Seabourn a try. After my wife saw the nasty, insulting, degrading responses I got to my post I could never get her to go on Seabourn. She was highly insulted. They said I was a lier, troll and uneducated since my grammer and spelling were poor... Well, I used to write a lot of letters and memos for a living before retiring this Aug and although I sometimes dont edit, I can hold my own.

I have been posting on my celebrity boards and the gallery since and have not had one problem. So, it was unfortunate but thats life.

Maybe in the future I can get Susan to experience a so called luxury liner and compare.

Heres to Celebrity,,

idssms now living in FL

I can assure you that at the time of the "exchange" on that board I was very embarassed for you and was certainly embarassed that it became so belligerant (sp?). Nevertheless, I did respond once or twice to you with the courtesy that I felt you deserved. Even if you were 'playing games' as many of those individuals suspected, the correct response to someone 'playing games' would have been no response at all. I would like to think that everyone, certainly the well-heeled, would have better manners. However, it just proves once again that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Archived