Carnival Sensation Q's for upcoming june 08 cruise

NCcruiser74

Myself and 12 other family members are sailing Jun 8 2008 on the Sensation. I have cruised before on RC and my parents have sailed on the Glory. I have a few questions i'm hoping can get answered and appreciate any help given.

1. Freeport,Bahamas. We have never been there and will only be there a day, so thinking of doing the Glass Bottom Boat ride? Anyone gone before?How was it? Cost and experience speaking. We are taking 4 kids(12,7,7,4) with us.

2. Nassau,Bahamas. Been here before but never done an excursion. Thinking of doing Blackbeards Beach Day since we want a swimming,snorkeling,relaxing day experience. Again, how was it cost and experience wise? I know food/drink are not covered in cost but can we maybe take food from the ship?Canned drinks we bring aboard? Or are we obligated to buy from t beach site vendors?

3. How was your kid's experience? My kids are 12,7 and 7 all boys. They arent the worlds greatest swimmers but love the water , is there a kiddie splash area or a kid pool? Does than the 12 year old get more leeway,less supervision than the 7 year old's?

Think that is all(for now). This is our kid's first cruise so we want them to have a great time.

Lisa

I dont know the answers to 1 & 2, you might get more feedback on the ports of call threads. We are leaving this Sunday on our Sensation cruise, we are taking a cab to Lucaya beach while in Freeport and spending the day, I believe there is a water trampoline there managed by Ocean Motion Watersports and then doing Atlantis Resort in Nassau, we booked a room at Comfort Suites, which gives you access to Atlantis, a friend of mine did this and had a great time. They have a large assortment of pools, etc.

There is a small pool I believe for kids on the back of the ship and also a bigger pool with a slide on the lido deck, my boys enjoy that, but they also enjoy the mini golf, ping pong tables, game room, pizza and 24*7 ice cream. 12 year olds can sign themselves out of camp, but my boys dont even do camp and with a 4 day cruise, we will only have one full day at sea, not sure if they will do it this time either. My boys are now 18, 15 and 10, the 18 year old did Daytona beach with his buds, so he wont be coming on the next, nor did he come on our last cruise. Our boys really enjoy cruising, I hope yours do too!

Archived