New Itinerary For The Conquest!

Tapi

Does anybody know about a new itinerary from Galveston on the Carnival Conquest for 2009?

My PVP told me that effective February 15th, there's a new itinerary that will alternate with the current Western Caribbean itinerary.

The new itinerary sails to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. Does anybody have more details?

I love my PVP, I just emailed her about the new itinerary and she emailed me back right away! Here is the info:

Carnival Conquest Itinerary Enhancement

We are changing the 7 Day Western Caribbean cruises of the Carnival Conquest to the following Key West and Bahamas itinerary. The ship will visit Key West on Tuesday (10am-6pm); Freeport, The Bahamas on Wednesday (8am-5pm) and Nassau, The Bahamas on Thursday (7am-5pm).

Following are the 2009/2010 saildates:

2009: 2/15; 3/15; 3/29; 5/17; 6/14; 7/12; 8/9; 9/20; 10/18; 11/15; 12/13

2010: 1/10; 27/; 3/7; 4/4

I just got this email from my TA,

******** ** ** has received a very important notification from Carnival regarding your upcoming sailing on the Carnival Conquest. The notification reads as follows:

"We will change our Western Caribbean itinerary to a Key West and Bahamas itinerary for several departure dates in 2009 and 2010. The new itinerary is:

Sun Galveston, TX Depart 4:00pm

Mon At Sea

Tue Key West, FL 10:00am to 6:00pm

Wed Freeport (Port Lucaya), Bahamas 8:00am to 5:00pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 7:00am to 5:00pm

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun Galveston, TX Arrive 8:00am"

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your cruise counselor, whose contact information appears on your ******** ** ** confirmation, for the most prompt and efficient service. If you are unable to reach your cruise counselor, please call us, dial “0” and ask to speak to the manager on duty.

HMMMM... so many new questions...

No, you're not the only one not impressed.:confused: I'm tired of Nassau myself. I had a Freeport stop but it rained so we didn't get off the ship and Key West isn't an island. But I could be excited if I was near Texas and haven't been to those Islands.

Guest scfjjb

This will be attractive to people who like to cruise out of Galveston and are tired of the Western Caribbean ports.

I love my PVP, I just emailed her about the new itinerary and she emailed me back right away! Here is the info:

Carnival Conquest Itinerary Enhancement

We are changing the 7 Day Western Caribbean cruises of the Carnival Conquest to the following Key West and Bahamas itinerary. The ship will visit Key West on Tuesday (10am-6pm); Freeport, The Bahamas on Wednesday (8am-5pm) and Nassau, The Bahamas on Thursday (7am-5pm).

Following are the 2009/2010 saildates:

2009: 2/15; 3/15; 3/29; 5/17; 6/14; 7/12; 8/9; 9/20; 10/18; 11/15; 12/13

2010: 1/10; 27/; 3/7; 4/4

It isn't listed on their website yet. I think that would be fabulous. One year the Bahamas and the next the original Conquest schedule. I wonder if that is how they will be running them? Either way, sign me up!!!!! I haven't even gone on my first cruise but I am already planning the second. Somebody hold me back!!!!!!!!!:D

Am i the only one not impressed with this new route ? :(

No, I am quite underwhelmed by this itinerary. I have been to the Bahamas and it was okay, but not that great. I too was hoping for some spots like dominican republic, roatan, maybe quatemala. Oh, well, at least it's something different from Jamaica, Caymans, and COZEMEL.

actually Im quite happy about having a choice.. We are within driving distance of Galveston and are kinda getting tired of the same ports.. I love Cozumel but we have been there so many times that I would love to have the choice of doing a different itinerary..

We are doing a family trip next year and we will probably stick with the Western just because I dont think the kids would love Key West all that much.. and last time we took them on Conquest we didnt get to go to Grand Cayman.. Me and DH just came back from a cruise and we stopped at Nassau and we thought it was very pretty..

I wouldnt mind doing these stops on another trip with them though or just me and DH.. He'll be happy to hear this I think..

Am i the only one not impressed with this new route ? :(

You're not the only one! I'm upset about the changes. I am booked on the Cruise Critic group sailing on Conquest next September and it's one of the cruises that's been changed. I have no desire whatsoever to go on a 7 night cruise to the bahamas. The deposit I paid is supposed to be non-refundable but I'm hoping they'll make an exception since the itinerary has been completely changed. If not I only paid $50, so it's not that big a deal, but I won't be going. I hate it because it's a wonderful group on the rollcall.

Terri

I am booked on the Cruise Critic group sailing on Conquest next September and it's one of the cruises that's been changed.

Terri

September 2008 or 2009?

The new itinerary doesn't start until February 2009

Per their countdown clock, they are booked on Conquest for September 2009.

Thanks! I can't see the countdown clocks when I access this board from work. My employer is kind enough to grant access to the website but blocks some things out. The countdown clocks being one of them...

I'd love the change if even ONE of the ports was changed. I'm sorry, two ports in the Bahamas and they couldn't fit in Half Moon Cay?

Just my personal opinion but this is one less than impressive itinerary...

Oh HMC would be a fantastic sub for one of the bahama ports...my favorite private island ever!!!

I have to say, though they are not my faves, I have had a blast at all of these ports, you have to get out there a bit from the beaten path in some of them but there are some FUN places to see and things to do!!!

Archived