New Itinerary For The Conquest!

Tapi

[quote name='teedee'][B]You're not the only one! I'm upset about the changes. I am booked on the Cruise Critic group sailing on Conquest next September and it's one of the cruises that's been changed. I have no desire whatsoever to go on a 7 night cruise to the bahamas. The deposit I paid is supposed to be non-refundable but I'm hoping they'll make an exception since the itinerary has been completely changed. If not I only paid $50, so it's not that big a deal, but I won't be going. I hate it because it's a wonderful group on the rollcall.[/B]

[B]Terri[/B][/quote]

Same here...this is not good, but I have paid $1500 down on 2 cabins alredy.

Well, it is interesting to me because there are 3 SEA DAYs and I love sea days. I also like Key West. Never sailed out of Galveston and haven't sailed on the Conquest. I'm due a FREE cruise next year (Seamiles) maybe I'll have enough points for this one.

I've sailed the Conquest twice & was so looking forward to an itinerary change. This is NOT what I was expecting :( I was hoping for Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya ... Other ships leaving from Galveston &/or NO have called on these ports so I know it is feasible.

I've been to Key West but never Bahamas (by choice!) - just not an area that has interested me. Since I've never been to Bahamas & Galveston is incredibly convenient, I would do the Key West route at least once. However, we always sail over Thanksgiving & it figures that Thanksgiving 2009 still has the MOBay itineray - I can't win for losing :confused:

Oh well, I've already had to book my first NCL cruise (out of NO) so that we can see some different ports. My family couldn't bear to do the Conquest for a third time with the same itinerary.

There must be some method to Carnival's madness! I hope in the future to see some better ports ... the Conquest is a beautiful ship!

[quote name='cathyoo']Well, it is interesting to me because there are 3 SEA DAYs and I love sea days. I also like Key West. Never sailed out of Galveston and haven't sailed on the Conquest. I'm due a FREE cruise next year (Seamiles) maybe I'll have enough points for this one.[/quote]

Conquest has 3 sea days no matter which Itinerary it goes on.

[quote name='big_duck']Round trip Galveston, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan Approximately 2678 Nautical Miles, not counting all the zig zagging a ship has to do in and out of the barrier reef.

Round trip Galveston, Key West, Nassau, Freeport approximately 1900 Nautical miles.

And I never said it wasn't a lame itinerary just the other one isn't doable.[/QUOTE]

Although your itinerary above might not work, I believe we did once on Grand Princess:

Day at sea
Grand Cayman
Costa Maya
Belize
Cozumel
Day at sea

We also cruised in 2006 (or 2005) from Galveston on Grand Princess. The itinerary was:

Day at sea
Belize
Roatan
Costa Maya
Cozumel
Day at sea

They had some trouble getting to Belize, so later they changed to:
Day at sea
Costa Maya
Belize
Roatan
Cozumel
Day at sea

That was one reason we enjoyed Grand Princess was that it was able to get 4 ports into a week's cruise.

Answered my own question - NCL does offer military discount to active and retired - so maybe it's time to check out some other lines.

Very disappointed that Carnival couldn't come up with something better for the Conquest after all these years. It's been doing this same route since 2002.

I'm glad to see them offer something different after cruising the Conquest twice now and being local to the area. But I'm not to excited about that itinerary at all. I do like Key West just not the other two places.

[quote name='Host Mach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]I'd love the change if even ONE of the ports was changed. I'm sorry, two ports in the Bahamas [U][COLOR="Red"]and they couldn't fit in Half Moon Cay?[/COLOR][/U] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]Just my personal opinion but this is one less than impressive itinerary... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Even though on a map it seems like all these islands are clustered together, Half Moon Cay is much farther east than Freeport and Nassau, making it impossible to include it in an "Eastern Caribbean" itinerary from Galveston.

Also, for every cruiser who has been to the Bahamas for the 5th time, there are plenty of people out there who either have never cruised or have never been to the Bahamas (or any other port besides the traditional Western Caribbean ports).

For those of us who have been to the Bahamas we know that there are other ports that are more attractive, but for someone in a landlocked state watching TV commercials of the beautiful beaches in the 700 islands of the Bahamas, this new itinerary on the Conquest will seem like an awesome choice.

Also for someone coming from the states on the west, not having to fly all the way to FL to visit the Bahamas will be a welcome change.

I think that the new itinerary will be a hit, but I won't sign up for it...

Well it's about TIME. Probably the ONLY Carnival ship that stays in one place. I remember last year I said "too bad I won't go on the Conquest again"

Why go to the same place over and over.....variety is the spice of life. I STILL don't understand why they act like the Conquest can't go to Roatan, Honduras, Belize, etc when a ship from Florida can said all around Cuba and still manage to get enough fuel to get back to Florida.

An alternating course going to Belize, Honduras, and Cozumel would have worked instead of MoBay, Cozumel, and GC over and over

[quote name='crystalblue0610'] I STILL don't understand why they act like the Conquest can't go to Roatan, Honduras, Belize, etc when a ship from Florida can said all around Cuba and still manage to get enough fuel to get back to Florida.

An alternating course going to Belize, Honduras, and Cozumel would have worked instead of MoBay, Cozumel, and GC over and over[/QUOTE]

Probably because the Conquest attracts many first time cruisers looking for popular destinations like Grand Cayman and Jamaica, but might not be so excited to cruise to Honduras or Belize not because they're not good destinations, but because they're not familiar with them.

[quote name='Tapi']Probably because the Conquest attracts many first time cruisers looking for popular destinations like Grand Cayman and Jamaica, but might not be so excited to cruise to Honduras or Belize not because they're not good destinations, but because they're not familiar with them.[/quote]

That's a good point. We were first time cruisers last year and we just sailed on the Conquest because Galveston is a short drive. But you are right about the familar ports

[quote name='sea_u_onboard']Actually we have a favorite place in Jamaica and wish I was going there. You can't beat Sunset Beach Resort.[/quote]

Sunset Beach was nice but it sure doesn't beat Paradise Beach in Cozumel:D They need to turn that place into a resort I sure would stay there

[quote name='douglinc@msn.com']I would like to see them add a longer cruise out of Galveston a few times a year to go to Costa Rica or the Panama Canal. Maybe a 10 or12 day would be nice.

Doug[/quote]

Me, too!

Sign me up if they ever do this!

[quote name='douglinc@msn.com']I would like to see them add a longer cruise out of Galveston a few times a year to go to Costa Rica or the Panama Canal. Maybe a 10 or12 day would be nice.

Doug[/quote]

The Celebrity Galaxy used to sail this itinerary from Galveston. The ship would alternate 10 and 11 day cruises during the winter. They were wonderful itineraries and it was a damn shame when Celebrity pulled out. :mad:

[quote name='Tapi']Does anybody know about a new itinerary from Galveston on the Carnival Conquest for 2009?

My PVP told me that effective February 15th, there's a new itinerary that will alternate with the current Western Caribbean itinerary.

The new itinerary sails to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. Does anybody have more details?[/quote]

You're correct. If you go to vacationstogo.com you can see all ships itinerary through 2009 and this new itineray is posted on their website. I've already been to KW, FP and Nassau and I enjoyed them all. I wish if the new itinerary included St. Thomas or any Virgin Islandy.:p

Archived