Snorkeling in Bermuda-best spot?

Lancaster

Has anyone been snorkeling in Bermuda? Going on a cruise there wither in June or July. wanting to do some snorkeling off the beach-thanks

Lancaster

Hi,

If you go to Hamilton I recommend elbow beach resort at elbow beach. It's a short, less than 5-minute taxi from downtown. The beach has public restrooms, a wonderful outdoor restaurant and a dive shop (blue water divers) that rents snorkel gear if you don't have yours. These are all located against the surf wall at the beach. If you go there, ask the taxi to take you down the hill to the beach to drop you off as there's a road that goes right there and it's a fairly steep walk. To get a taxi back ask the restaurant to call you one or walk up the hill (there's a winding walkway) to the resort where there's always a taxi. Very nice. Oh, and the reef is great too.

Randall

Elbow Beach

elbow.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Going to be in Bermuda around May 13, where is the best place to snorkel? My girlfriend and I are going, its her first time. Any pointers/tips/places to go?

How will the water temp be?

• 1 month later...
Hi,

If you go to Hamilton I recommend elbow beach resort at elbow beach. It's a short, less than 5-minute taxi from downtown. The beach has public restrooms, a wonderful outdoor restaurant and a dive shop (blue water divers) that rents snorkel gear if you don't have yours. These are all located against the surf wall at the beach. If you go there, ask the taxi to take you down the hill to the beach to drop you off as there's a road that goes right there and it's a fairly steep walk. To get a taxi back ask the restaurant to call you one or walk up the hill (there's a winding walkway) to the resort where there's always a taxi. Very nice. Oh, and the reef is great too.

Randall

Elbow Beach

elbow.jpg

Will definately stop by next year when I'm headed back to Bermuda!;)

Archived