Another Passport question.....

CaribbeanKim

This has probably been answered many times, as I seem to remember reading it before in a past post - but now I can't find the post (so please humor me)...

Can you get your passport stamped in each port that you visit? I think I remember someone saying that if you give your passports to the Purser's Desk upon boarding, they will see to it that they get stamped in each port and then return the passports to you before you disembark. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Can you get your passport stamped in each port that you visit? I think I remember someone saying that if you give your passports to the Purser's Desk upon boarding, they will see to it that they get stamped in each port and then return the passports to you before you disembark. Does anyone have experience doing this?

I dont know if this would be worth the danger of a misplaced passport. The age of passport stamps is really going away. Traveling within Europe you cant get stamps anymore, heck last time i entered Germany i didnt even get a stamp.

I just would hate to imagine the mess if you gave the purser your passport and it got misplaced while off the ship or on the ship....yikes!

Thanks for the replies. I realize that the stamps are becoming a thing of the past...that's why I would love to have this done if possible. It will be nice to have them in the years to come, when I am reflecting on "the good ol' days" ;)

Since we drive to our port, we won't be needing our passports for air travel (in the event they are misplaced)...and I have already made copies of all our passports to take with us while we are in port and for added security.

Several members of our Roll Call are interested in doing this as well, so I would love to hear from anyone who has done this and what their experience was like. Did you have any problems getting your passports returned to you? When were they returned, etc.?

I have had a few stamps, but very few. They don't seem to do it anymore. They are nothing to write home about.

If you want to keep a record of where you have gone, just write it in. I did a search and I couldn't find anything saying you can't write on the pages they provide for stamps. I think I am going to start writing mine in because I forget where I have been and when all the time. (Getting old here I guess) When it is time to renew, I will just get a lost passport replacement and keep the old one.

I just got a new one and haven't been too many places yet, so this will be a good time to start.

Wouldn't you lose all that when you sent it back for renewal?

I actually just got my old one renewed. They send back the original with holes punched in the front cover and new pic stapled inside. So it's just as much of a keepsake as any other cheap crap you may buy while on the cruise. I will do whatever I can to get new PP stamped on my cruise next week.:cool:

I did leave ours with the purser a couple of times. The first time they did have it stamped at each port :D :D but the last time I did that they didn't get it stamped at all.:mad: :mad:

We didn't have any trouble at all getting it back. Just went to the pursers desk and got it right away.

FrogCWR and cruisnpat~

Thank you so much for your replies! I am definately going to try this on our cruise in June!! I know there are other families in our Roll Call that are also interested...so maybe the Purser won't forget to have them all stamped is he has a number of them! :::Keeping fingers crossed::: :D

Archived