Best stroller for Europe and why?

WineDown17

While in Europe I saw 2 strollers used by many people that had backpack straps. This seemed to be great for all those stairs you find all over. One was more of a baby carrier that turned into a small umbrella stroller and the child can stay in it on your back. The other one I saw once was more of a "regular" stroller that the child is removed, stroller collapsed and then carrier down the stairs on his back. I am now wondering if the backpack straps were a separate item that could be hooked to various lightweight strollers. Both styles seemed to make getting around without huge detours very easy.

Vicki=

- Thanks.. The one I ended up with (Which, coincidentally I WILL need to gate check!) has the straps. I am glad people seemed to use them with ease.. That actually ended up being my deciding factor.. I only fly 2x.. But have 14 days of using the strollers out and about (Not to mention the next few years around here).. some just had a handle.. but I will need the 2 hands I have free.. heck, I wish I had 3 or 4 free hands lately! Not willing to give one up to carry a stroller around.

It is due to arrive tomorrow- As soon as hubby finds time to put it together, I will post my test drive results for anyone that may be interested.

It sounds like you've already bought a stroller, but I will give you my opinion on the Zapp. We bought it last year when we traveled with our 11 month old to Paris. Overall, we loved it!! It was so compact, very light-weight, turned on a dime (good for all those narrow hallways and spaces in Paris), and was very easy to carry in its travel bag. Our only complaint was that it didn't recline, but our son slept in it regardless. I still use it all the time and still love it. !

HTH :)

It is stil on my list- If the combi doesnt work as planned- that is my next choice- i really like everything about it except the handle and the no recline.. but maybe its not that important.. Its nice to hear good feedback on it.

Combi came last night- So hoping to use it this weeeknd!

Archived