Car rental post cruise - Miami to FLL

PizzaPilot

Has anyone rented a car for the day post cruise at the port of Miami and droppled it off at FLL. Our flight after the cruise is not until late and we'd like to rent a car and be able to drop it off at FLL. Which rental company would be best for this?

I've done it many times. Dollar, Thrifty and Alamo will shuttle you to their location at MIA. Book Port of Miami location though. Hertz will also pick you up and take you to their downtown location. Which is best, whichever one satisfies you with price and service.

For more info, look for the big car rental thread.

Hi Pizzapilot I'm on the Valor cruise with you. I have the same situation. We have a late flight out of FLL. So far the best deal I found is with dollar discount code KISSE I need a mini van or larger the price is 49.00 plus taxes came out to 62.99. Let me know what you find.

Hi, We just did this in January because we flew into FLL and sailed out of Miami. We booked with Hertz using AMEX points. They were great and picked us up at the port and brought us to the downtown (Port of Miami) location, where we picked up our car and headed to Fort Lauderdale. We weren't in a hurry so we took the scenic route -- A1A. It was an enjoyable and relaxing ride and much better than the highway.

Enjoy!

Nancy

We have rented a car for our post cruise transportation. Our flight does not leave until late afternoon. What should we do for a few hours?? We have been to the Everglades so we did not want to do that again.

Archived