Native Way just cancelled on me

Loving My Life

Everyone who just posted, thank you for your review and information. That is too bad for the horrible weather. :(

Actually our day was sunny and hot, just too windy and choppy for the boat excursions. The day was not a total loss by any means, just not what we had hoped for.

Hope Mother Nature will treat you more kindly!! :)

We have done the Stingray thing 3 times, first two times Rum Point was not a stop on the tour yet. We have a large group, well 10 of us, and we booked NW for the day. On our last trip, we did the snorkeling and stingrays and then headed over to Rum Point. We did have a fabulous lunch and then played in the water. We had so much fun on that beach. My daughter who is a volleyball nut got a group together to play volleyball in the sand. Our guide even joined in. Swimming in the water was great, it was not crowded and the kids loved that they could go out really far and still stand up. It was definitly not a place for snorkling, it really is a beach for sunning and playing in the water. I believe they rent jet skis though we didn't opt for that. If you can go over there, it really is worth a day at the beach. I also recall everytime we are in GC that there are tons of vendors selling excursions on the shore. Also sorry to hear the NW cancelled for you, I have used them three times and never had that experience with them, but will tell you that they are definitly very honest people, never had them overcharge me once.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation. It will be great whatever you choose.

Kathy

Give Robbie at Cayman Auto a call and book yourself a Jeep, and head to Rum Point! It's the nicest spot on the island! You can relax in a FREE beach chair, sip a mango smoothy or anything else you want. If you're more energetic, rent a waverunner or kayak from Red Sail Sports right there onsite. You will have a wonderful day!

This is exactly what we did a few months ago and it was a perfect day!

CaymanCruiserz, how much was your Jeep rental? Thanks.

I know you've been playing around with different ideas for GC...in case you didn't already book anything (I hope you booked my fav RRR thru NativeWay!) but I ran across this...no clue how the pricing runs, but looks like you could have a private van take you to Rum Point, rather than renting a car and figuring out how to drive on the left, return the car, make sure you get back on time, etc...It's probably $$$$$ but I figured it was at least worth looking into :)

Jungle Jane, my friend did get a quote from a private tour van company........it's $75 an hour. :eek: We decided to stick with NativeWays. DH is dead set against renting any vehicle because his thinking is, "we are on vacation, I don't want to worry about driving". It's true. That is one of the many reasons we like cruising.

Thanks for thinking of me though! You are great! :)

Jungle Jane, my friend did get a quote from a private tour van company........it's $75 an hour. :eek: We decided to stick with NativeWays. DH is dead set against renting any vehicle because his thinking is, "we are on vacation, I don't want to worry about driving". It's true. That is one of the many reasons we like cruising.

Thanks for thinking of me though! You are great! :)

You are very welcome. :)

I'm with your DH on that, who wants to drive on vaca, then you can't partake of the rum punch! Plus the whole driving on the wrong side thing...when Sharon from NW was driving us back to the pier from the yacht club I held my breath every time she turned a left corner. It really looks like there will be an accident every time! She said it took her a few months to get used to driving on the left b'c she is originally from NY. But it all turned out fine, and I much prefer the driving (passenger-ing?) In GC to Jamaica-I almost had a heart attack there from the crazy driving!

WooHoo! You are gonna have SO MUCH FUN! It's coming up FAST for you!!!!!

Archived