Carnival Group Babysitting?

ChristieK0310

Hi,

I just wanted to know what the min age was as I know with RCL its one year for in cabin babysitting and 3+ (and potty trained) for adventure ocean.

Any recommendations for the best line for a 7 month old? We are still trying to find somewhere to go in May/June! Can find the cruises but not at the right price! :)

Thanks,

Christie

This is what it says in their rules so I am going to assume it is 6mos - 23 mos for babysitting

I'll type it out here...

It says "Infant Care - We are unable to accept children under the age of 2 during activity time, HOWEVER, infant - 2 year olds are welcome in the playroom each evening from 10pm - 3am and on port days (during specified times) for babysitting. A fee applies ($6 for the 1st child, $4 each additional sibling). In addition, we offer FAMILY play times where parents can come into the rooms with their Under 2's. Family playtime is available every Sea Day from 12-2pm, except the last sea day it is 1pm-3pm. During this time, only infants and their parents will be permitted into the room.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are the only lines that provide in cabin sitting. Carnival has group sitting, after 10pm for an hourly charge of $6.

Prices for a lot of cruises have been going up the closer you get to sail date, plus, you're probably finding very few cabins left. Most cruise ships for May and June, a VERY popular time to cruise, have been booked for months. The higher prices are probably due to the increase in fuel, and that increase is also reflected in more expensive food.

And on port days too, see above. :)

And I agree, the prices are going crazy for 3rd and 4th person. I keep seeing $599 for the kids. :rolleyes:

I just called today and the price for a 3rd/4th on our 11/09 Glory cruise is $389. Just FYI. :)

(sorry about the 2 "ll"s in your name, and ofcourse I can't edit the title of the post, which drives me BONKERS, LOL).

Hi

thanks for the info it really helps.

To make you laugh I was looking at a 11 night Canary Island cruise and the adult price is around £1200 and the 3rd person is £1100. About $4600 for the three of us. I laughed down the phone at the RCL person - $2200 for a 7 month old!

Christie

I just called today and the price for a 3rd/4th on our 11/09 Glory cruise is $389. Just FYI. :)

(sorry about the 2 "ll"s in your name, and ofcourse I can't edit the title of the post, which drives me BONKERS, LOL).

I think you can edit the title when you click "advanced" :D

And I know there are 3rd/4th deals out there but usually Carnival is cheaper than it has been lately.

Some of the cruises in Sept/Nov on RCCL have kids at $289. It's rare that RCCL is cheaper than CCL.

Archived